Humans are the living creatures, and it is the truth. Every person should accept the fact that one day everyone of us will die because everything has an end in this universe and the human body is not and exception. So maybe this is the harsh truth, but people should accept it from the very beginning. The crucial question which strikes people’s mind very often is what to say when someone dies because it is very hard to console someone with words but you have to do it to the family where someone bereaved. If the bereavement occurred to your family, then it is hard to console your family members because you are also going through a very hard mental condition.
Table of Contents
Timing Is Crucial About What To Say When Anyone Dies:
Timing is a big factor if you want to console someone and you should be very much aware of the fact that whether the bereavement occurred recently or it was old and after knowing this you should comment on that matter else it is better that you should keep quiet. Sometimes silence says it all and with the silence also you can console the family members with meaningful gestures.
Bereavement In Your Family When Someone Dies:
It is very hard feelings that when someone in your family or very close to you bereaved then it is very hard to console your family members with the words because you are also going through a very tough period. So you can just go to the person you want to console, and you can hug the person, and then you can say the words that you want to say from your inside. Then maybe the person will feel good, and the best part is you will feel somehow relieved, and you can express your feelings by staying silent and with the sense of touch you can console the person.
Consolation Is Necessary If Someone Died Is Not Very Near To You:
Many people always try to avoid the persons who have lost someone recently because they do not want to face those persons. Well, this is awkward because you do not know the person very well, but still, you should console the person correctly. Of course, you should not hug that person directly but you can say something to that person who can motivate the person, and that can make that person happy. You should never avoid that person then you may have a bad impression in the society.
Different Types Of Words From Various Kinds Of Individuals:
There are different types of people are present in our society, and different people have different natures and from their behavior, their choice of words you will get the idea about that person.
People Who Have Decency:
People who have decency in them, they know very well what to talk when someone bereaved, and his or her comments are like,
- I am so sorry for your loss.
- I have no idea about your feelings right now, but I am always here if you need any help.
- I am usually up early or late, if you need anything.
- I wish I had the right words, just know I care.
- We all need help at times like this, I am here for you.
- I don’t know how you feel, but I am here to help in anyway I can.
- Do you want a hug.
- You and your loved one will be in my thoughts and prayers.
- I am always just a phone call away.
- My favorite memory of your loved one is….
- How are you doing?” (Take some time to listen to the response.)
- Would you like to talk about your loved one?
- I’ll bring you some dessert next Thursday
- “I’m here for you.
- If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
- She/ He will be truly missed.
- Please accept our deepest condolences for your loss.
People Who Do Not Have Decency:
These type of people does not know what to say when anyone dies, and they say something which may hurt the family members where the bereavement occurred, and their comments are like,
- That person lived a long life; many people die young.
- You can still have another child.
So you should always be very much careful about what to say when someone dies and always remember that your comments can hurt a person a lot, and also your comment can give the happiness to a person as well.