The COVID-19 pandemic and 2020 has done a number on all of us. Everything about our lives has changed, all at one time. Students are learning virtually; many adults work remotely, everybody must wear a mask outside our homes, and limits to where we can go has our world flipped upside down. Movie theaters, gyms, and most entertainment venues have nearly shut down, and sporting events have practically no fans in stadiums. The stress caused by these changes has, without question, has increased, and you don’t have to be a medical professional to know that changes like those above can have severe and long-lasting effects. It is no wonder that finding ways to de-stress in 2021 is at the top of many people’s goals and resolution lists. Here are vacations to de-stress in 2021.
People understand that continued stress can create adverse health effects on the body. While deep breathing techniques, working out, and other coping mechanisms can do wonders to reduce stress, one of the best ways to get rid of stress is to go on vacation.
Going on vacation has many benefits. It boosts the economy by pumping resources into tourism. Getting away from the day-in-day-out routine can also re-start the fire of creativity because one gets to see different sights while enjoying new experiences. However, the main benefit of vacationing is to your physical and mental health. Vacationing allows the body the opportunity to repair and replenish.
Although there are some limits on travel during the COVID-19 pandemic, planning a 2021 vacation to destress isn’t hard and can be done while successfully socially distancing. Below are some destinations that are sure to alleviate stress and get 2021 off to the start you deserve.
Snow, skiing, and snowmobiling
- Jackson Hole, Wyoming is a winter wonderland, and visitors love it for its stunning views. A bucket-list destination for avid skiers, Jackson has steep lines and open trails for beginners that make it famous. Surrounded by mountains, Jackson Hole, Wyoming, is the perfect projection of the wild west.
- Park City, Utah, is home to Sundance Film Festival and has resorts that offer over 7,300 acres to ski and snowboard. It is also home to the world’s only ski-in distillery. Park City has beautiful rentals and hotels fully loaded with hot tubs and spas for those who want to relax in luxury after a day of skiing.
- Sugar Mountain, North Carolina, is the state’s sweet spot, and the resorts make winter vacations more memorable.
- Aspen, Colorado, is a quintessential snowy town with tons of cold-weather fun. Brisk air, sleigh rides, ice skating, and more make Aspen a sought-after place for winter vacations.
Sun, sand, and water
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts, offers lobster galore, quaint shingled cottages and is a great vacation place. There are house rentals, spa facilities, motels, and endless sand, sun, and fun.
- Sanibel and Captiva, Florida, offer casual charm and conventional beachfront hotels with a panoramic view of clear water and golden sunsets. Aside from the sun and sand, there is golfing and other outdoor fun.
- Outer Banks, North Carolina, has historic charm with lighthouses, wild horses, and towns like Duck, Corolla, Hatteras, Nags Head, and Kitty Hawk that offer leisurely day-long beach lounging in the sun and deep-sea fishing.
- Hilton Head, South Carolina, is 45 minutes from historic Savannah, Georgia, and historic. Besides beautiful beaches, tennis, biking, and nature walks are plentiful supply along the shores at Hilton Head.
Cruising into stress-freedom
In addition to sun & sand or snow & ski vacations, all inclusive cruises make amazing stress-free vacations. In addition to simplicity and convenience, all inclusive cruises allow passengers to see multiple destinations on one trip. Other benefits include meeting people from various locations since people fly in from multiple states to board. Many cruise lines off bundle deals to make booking a cruise vacation an affordable option for a family.
There are multiple ways to plan to de-stress in 2021 but going on vacation top the list. The benefits alone are worth the time and effort to plan a vacation that will spark your creativity, pump money into the economy, and, best of all, help you de-stress in 2021.