In order to ensure that your business website produces the results as desired and it does not make the visitors leave your site but shows them the way instead, you will need to do much more than creating the best website. You will need to analyze it from time to time to ensure that the level of functionality and performance has not dropped.
For this you will need to consider a plethora of factors such as:
- Bounce rates
- Page views
- Time spent on site
- Referring links and lots more.
Sometimes it may really make you feel overwhelming and astounding simply looking at the magnanimous number of data available, leave alone analyzing it for gaining better results for your online marketing campaign, even if you consider yourself to be the best content marketer. Therefore, a natural question that may come to your mind is how on earth will you know which of the data is important for your type of content marketing.
Use Of Proper Tools
The best way to ensure that the content turns out to be a treasure trove for the success of your content marketing efforts, you will need to use proper tools for site analytics . These tools or web-data measurement system will help you to make more informed decisions to present the content in a better way to make the best impression in the Content Marketing World. You will not have to wade in analysis paralysis any more.
- It is the dream of every marketer to have high page views and in this effort they make their pages look more appealing to ensure that it has low bounce or exit rates.
- They also make sure that the article and blog post are valuable and useful for the reader.
But all these efforts will be in vain if the users do not have the right and clear path to take after reading the content. It will lose its opportunity from ‘becoming.’ It is for this reason marketers need to think of ways that will retain and guide the reader. The most significant way is to write more related content.
This can be done by knowing a few things about the readers such as:
- What they want
- What they require to do after reading your article and
- How clearly they know about the oath to take that will help them to visit the desired page?
This knowledge will ensure that you implement only those elements in your blog posts that will help in driving more engagement.
Process To Follow
In order to ensure that you analyze your site in the most accurate way you must follow a specific process and guideline.
- First, make it a daily habit to see how your top pages are performing. You will be better off if you set up Google Analytics for this matter. This tool will send you a daily email along with the report. This way you will come to know which pages feature in the top 10. It can be your team page or an old blog post, or it can be your pricing page as well. When you notice that there is an increased interest among the users in these pages it will provide you with an opportunity to take a few necessary actions quickly so that you can promote that content further. One specific action that you can take is to schedule social shares or run a few social ads that will feature those popular pages.
- Next, you must get to the bottom of matters so that you can reset your attention at it which is an equally important area to have people’s focus on it as they do on your top pages. Consider whether or not you want these pages to be seen by the people and whether or not these are getting enough love and focus from the people. If not, try to find out the reason whether it is your content or its optimization. Also consider whether these pages are useful and relevant anymore or will it be better if you archive them.
- Remember, just like your house, a website too needs Feng Shui. When it is too cluttered no one will find a thing that they need. Therefore, once a quarter, make sure that you move to the bottom of the page view list as well as the elements that you have incorporated in the page and check out whether there is anything that you may afford to lose and whether its absence will not be regretted and make the rest of the content and your data more meaningful.
- Next, you should analyze the human data in the content as you are writing for humans and not for machines. Try to figure out what your customers want and really feel to understand their intent regardless of the analytics system you sue. This will help you to know how metrics translate to reader intentions. This way you will not get caught up in the number of visitors and page views but will focus on what they mean to you and how you can provide value to them. You will get the big picture and look for ways to connect the visitors to the other key performance metrics and indicators such as conversions and revenue.
- Follow this by your focus on the objectives so that you can set up and reach proper goals. This is a very important aspect to consider by any marketer, even if they are producing non-revenue producing contents. Tracking user interaction is very important to get an idea about the customer engagement level and also to get valuable feedback on what works best for your business and what does not when it comes to achievement of your goals.
Therefore, the gist of the matter is that you must need to set up conversion events so that you can make the best use of your traffic. They are useless when you cannot lead them to revenue. Only an accurate web analysis will ensure that you reach your goals efficiently.