After experiencing an injury as a result of any accident, you might think about seeking legal representation from an accident lawyer. Perhaps, working with a licensed professional will safeguard your best interests, helping you obtain the right compensation you’re entitled to.
Read on this article as we’ve highlighted the top benefits of hiring a Dallas accident lawyer.
1. Professional knowledge of the Texas laws
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you need to have someone with a better understanding of the legal processes and other rules and regulations. Remember, the lawyer’s knowledge can be an excellent resource in proving the liability of the other party.
In a car accident, they know how to determine which traffic laws were violated and when the other driver can be considered negligent.
Not only that but it’s of paramount importance to follow some of the state’s legal requirements to bring a claim within the period required by law or else you’ll lose all the rights to recover financial compensation.
In other words, hiring a lawyer who is familiar with Texas’ legal system can significantly increase your chances of getting compensated for any financial loss you’ve incurred from the accident.
If you’re searching for a well-versed accident lawyer in Dallas, click here for more information.
2. Communication and negotiation with insurance companies
An experienced car accident attorney knows very well the tactics often used by insurance companies to reduce your claim. These might also include:
- Using words against you to affect your claim
- Making it appear that you played a role in the accident
- Making a claim that your injuries are the result of another accident
- Devaluing your claim in an attempt to you less than the actual amount of your compensation.
To protect your rights, getting help from a lawyer who is familiar with the unfair practices utilized by insurance companies can be truly beneficial. For such reason, they will communicate and represent you to ensure you’re treated fairly. They will also negotiate in a way that the settlement covers the full extent of your financial losses you’ve suffered.
3. Proving negligence
If you’re looking to recover compensation for your injuries, you need to show that to someone else’s negligence has caused the accident. Thus, hiring a Dallas accident lawyer will be a huge help.
A skilled one, for instance, knows how to demonstrate the elements of negligence that occurred during the accident. These are:
- The person at fault had an obligation to safeguard your safety.
- There was a breach of that duty/obligation.
- The injuries you’ve endured were due to the other party’s breach of duty.
- You’ve sustained financial damages as a result of your injuries.
4. Collection of evidence
Once you’ve demonstrated the elements of negligence, it’s time to gather significant pieces of evidence. An experienced lawyer is knowledgeable on how to collect evidence that will support your compensation claim.
Examples of evidence that you might use include:
- Medical records and other documents that show the extent of your injuries
- Accident reports made by law enforcement officers
- Camera surveillance of the accident, if there is
- Statements of the witnesses
5. Knowledge about the real value of your claim
Let’s admit it – you don’t have a firm idea of how much you can get from a car accident claim. Even if you’ve come across with some settlement calculators online, you should never rely on these things alone.
You should need the services of a qualified attorney who will do the following to estimate your total financial damages:
- Analyze your injuries.
- Evaluate the pains and sufferings you feel.
- Take the company’s insurance strategy into account.
- After consultation with a medical expert has been made, calculate your medical needs.
Moreover, your lawyer will also consider these factors when coming up with the real value of your claim. These include:
- The impact of the accident as well as the injuries to your life
- Medical expenses associated with the crash
- Lost wages and the capacity to earn because of the injuries that prevent you from working
- Repair or replacement costs for your damaged property
On the other hand, you might be thinking about the upfront costs. But, most accident lawyers will handle cases on a contingency basis.
6. Not afraid of trial
When all attempts for settlements prove to be futile, you want to make sure your lawyer will proceed your case to trial.
Having someone to represent you in court will show the insurance companies that their serious about getting compensated for the injuries caused by someone else. As a result, they will be motivated to come up with a more fair settlement offer.
The Bottom Line
Injuries arising from accidents can be costly. You’ll not only pay for medical bills, but you also have to take some time off from work for your recovery. Dealing with this kind of situation, you really need to hire an accident lawyer to assist and provide you with all legal options. Thus, keep these top benefits in mind to make sure your best interests are adequately represented.