Games have become an integral part of the lives of many people − not only children but also adults. Initially, video games were only available for desktop computers. But over time, gaming has grown into something more – smartphone apps have appeared, and portable consoles have been developed.
The modern console is a small portable computer that you can take with you anywhere. In other words, you can keep it portable. Let’s take a closer look at what old models are still relevant today and what new products are worth paying attention to.
Leading game consoles manufacturers
Before buying a new handheld, you need to understand which manufacturers are considered the best in their business.
The most popular companies that develop and release consoles include:
- Sony, releasing PlayStation;
- Microsoft, which produces Xbox consoles;
Presented giants constantly delight their fans with new powerful equipment, thanks to which you can play without interruptions. While choosing a portable console, take into account financial opportunities, based on the technical characteristics and advantages of a particular company. This will determine which games will be available on your device.
Each manufacturer has its distinctive features, which can be considered the main advantages:
- Sony has successfully secured the first place in the rating of companies that produce consoles. The distinctive feature of the company is its minimalistic stylish design and powerful filling. The software, technical and graphical characteristics are at the highest level.
- Technological innovations from Microsoft are recognized as reliable and impressive innovations in the gaming industry. A distinctive feature is the constantly improving graphics in the latest consoles, close to 4K resolution, which improved the detail. The picture became clearer and brighter.
- The Nintendo company is very different from its two brothers – its development is aimed more at versatility, while the power, characteristics, and graphics are not inferior. The company’s new consoles are both stationary and portable.
Pocket consoles for adults
It is not always possible to play on the computer, so the ideal option is a small portable console that easily fits in your pocket. Buying an expensive console as a gift to a child is not the best option. But it is very easy to treat a responsible adult with such a gift.
Let’s take a closer look at pocket consoles from well-known brands that do not lose their relevance or are considered the last newly released model.
- Nintendo Switch
This model is the last one released by the famous manufacturer. This console can be used both as a portable and as a stationary one. It has a lightweight, which allows you to safely carry it with you without any discomfort. The 6.2-inch display has HD resolution and a charger connector is located under it. The controller is divided into 2 parts, it can be connected on both sides of the device.
The built-in memory in the console is 32 GB, but there is a separate slot for increasing it using a memory card. Many exclusive games have been specially developed for this device.
- good display brightness;
- support various games;
- console weight;
- bright design.
- in most games there is a non-conformant font to this model;
- cost of the product.
- Sony Playstation Vita
Sony doesn’t leave fans to play computer games in any conditions, releasing a new model of consoles. Many Android and IOS users have access to a variety of mobile applications to play but still prefer portable consoles.
In terms of design, the console does not differ from its predecessors, a unique feature is a multifunctionality. You can watch videos and listen to music on it. Thanks to the battery, the device works for up to 6-7 hours, which allows you to play a lot. You can also connect the device to a TV.
- compatibility with PS4;
- ergonomic appearance;
- the battery of the device does not heat up.
- little built-in memory;
- average viewing angles;
- Nintendo New 3DS XL
This model is the first console that allowed users to immerse themselves in the world of 3D games. Nintendo 3DS-the predecessor of the new Switch console. At one time it was a powerful novelty that captivated gamers and received all the latest exclusives. Until now, the console holds its position and allows you to plunge into the entertainment world of exclusive games.
The console has a small amount of internal memory, only 1 GB. But the package includes a 4 GB memory card. The diagonal of the screen is 4.8 inches with a resolution of 800×240.
You can connect to the console via Wi-Fi or an IR port. The developers also built two cameras into the manual console. A powerful battery allows you to play classic and some modern games for up to 7-8 hours without recharging.
- a large number of unique games and High-speed operation;
- stylish design – looks like a mini laptop.
- small display;
- internal memory.
- Nintendo 2DS XL
At first glance, it is no different from the 3DS. Not only the appearance but also the technical characteristics of the models are very similar – built-in 1 GB of memory, the kit is supplemented with a 4 GB card, a 4.8-inch display and a resolution of 800×240.
The touch screen does not respond well to fingers, it is best to use a stylus.
The most noticeable difference is how the games are launched. To do this, you need to insert a special cartridge, which must be purchased separately from the device. If you don’t want to play anymore, you can watch a video or listen to music. The quality of assembly should be emphasized separately – a reliable case, resistant to falls, high-quality bright screen.
- high level of autonomy;
- stylish design – you can buy in two colors.
- the minimal amount of built-in memory;
- no 3D games;
- the sensor reacts poorly to fingers;
- you need to buy cartridges.