Planning your honeymoon is the most exciting thing about a newly married couple. Everyone wants to choose an exotic destination to build the best memories. Just as the perfect dress, venue, décor, and makeup matter in a wedding, honeymoon destinations are equally important. The couple gets to spend quality time that belongs only to them. So, to make your honeymoon special, we are here with some exotic places to plan your vacay in India. Start scrolling down to select the best honeymoon destination in India to visit with your partner!
Table of Contents
Best Honeymoon Destination in India
India is a versatile land. From mountains to beaches to deserts to forests – you will find everything in India. So, we have shortlisted the most romantic destinations in India. If you are planning to get married soon, start scrolling down to get the tickets for the best honeymoon destination in India:
Jammu & Kashmir – Sonmarg
If you are making a list of the top 10 honeymoon places in India, Sonmarg counts among them. The mountains are snow-covered, and the valleys give you a feel of living in a fairyland.
Indians and people from all over the world visit Sonmarg to spend a romantic vacation with their partners. You can enjoy watching the snowfall from your cottage balcony cuddling with your better half.
- Closest Airport: To reach Sonmarg, you will need to take a car drive of approximately three hours.
- Sightseeing Places: Vishnasar lake, Thajiwas Glacier, Kashmir Great Lakes Trek, Zoji-La Pass, and Whitewater rafting at Baltal.
- The peak time to visit Sonmarg: You can plan your honeymoon to Sonmarg from May to October.
Himachal Pradesh – Manali
Imagine being with your partner in a resort and witnessing the Himalayan mountains. You can even enjoy a hot water bath in the Jacuzzi. Manali is usually known as the Switzerland of India. It is a hill station that attracts all honeymoon couples. Apart from the natural beauty of Manali, you can do much more. Once you visit this exotic destination, you are sure to come to this place over again. You can consider Manali as the best honeymoon destination in India.
- Closest Airport: You can take a car from the Chandigarh airport and drive for eight and a half hours to reach Manali.
- Sightseeing places: Beas Kund Trek, Rohtang Pass, Vashishth Baths, Hadimba Temple, The Great Himalayan National Park, adventure sports such as paragliding, zorbing, etc. in the Solang Valley.
- The peak time to visit Manali: You can visit Manali from October to June. During the winter months, you can witness snowfall in Manali.
Uttarakhand – Mussoorie
The air of Uttarakhand speaks of passion and love. Most couples don’t give it a second thought while selecting Mussoorie for their honeymoon. It is a famous place in India that most people long to visit. You can consider Mussoorie as the best honeymoon destination in India. The place holds lush green forests and a beautiful climate. Being in this place, you cannot help but feel romantic. You can even witness the Jhariapni and Kempty falls, magnificent sunset, and Lal Tibba tracks – all in Mussoorie.
- Closest Airport: You can land at the Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun.
- Sightseeing places: Simply walking through the beautiful roads of Mussoorie can be satisfying. You can also witness the exotic Gun Hill, Camel’s Back Road, Kempty Falls, Jwalaji Temple, etc. If you like cable rides, then don’t forget to try it out in Mussoorie.
- The peak time to Visit Mussoorie: You can visit Mussoorie in the winter months.
Himachal Pradesh – Shimla
When you make a list of the most romantic destinations in India, you cannot go wrong with Kufri and Shimla. The exotic hill station possesses beauty in every corner.
You can enjoy the pleasant weather, and view its scenic beauty. Visiting Shimla during peak time can be expensive. So, you can always go for the honeymoon packages in India to avail discounts.
- Closest Airport: You can land at the New Delhi Airport and drive for eight to ten hours to reach Shimla.
- Sightseeing places: You can try out a ride on a Toy Train from Kalka to Shimla. Visit the Naldhera, Summer Hill, Annandale, and Scandal Point.
- The peak time to visit Shimla: You can visit Shimla throughout the year.
Uttarakhand – Nainital
Nainital is present in the Kumaon area of the Himalayas. The place is known for the nine mesmerizing lakes.
It is known as Nainital for the presence of nine lakes. It possesses some magnificent beauty and is a great choice for honeymoons and vacations. Once you visit Nainital, you are sure to call it the best honeymoon destination in India.
- Closest Airport: You need to land at the Pantnagar Airport and drive for two hours to reach Nainital.
- Sightseeing places: You can take a boat ride in the Naini lakes. It is an enjoyable romantic ride for couples. You can also take strolls around the city of Nainital view, the Naini peak, and Snow view.
- The peak time to visit in Nainital: You can plan your trip to Nainital from October to April.
Uttarakhand – Ranikhet
The name Ranikhet means the ‘Queen Meadows.’ It is a superb choice if you are thinking of having a romantic time with your partner. It possesses greenery, and you can take a stroll around the meadows. The beauty this place hold is breathtaking. The roads are lined with trees and flowers all around. If you are looking for the best honeymoon destination in India, Ranikhet is an ideal choice.
- Closest Airport: You have to land at the Pantnagar Airport, and take a car ride to Ranikhet for four hours.
- Sightseeing places: You can visit the Bhalu Dam, Rani Jheel, and many more religious places in Ranikhet. And if you wish to take long walks and view the magnificent Himalayas, Ranikhet is the place to be.
- The peak time to visit Ranikhet: You can visit Ranikhet from October to July
Leh – Ladakh
If you and your partner want to flee into the vast landscapes where you can witness lakes and mountains together, Leh-Ladakh is the place to be. It has motorable roads, so you and your better half can enjoy lovely bike rides amidst the hills. You can also visit several monasteries when in Leh-Ladakh. But always keep in mind the oxygen level when in this place. That’s because since it is present at high altitudes, you may have breathing troubles. So, keep an oxygen cylinder at hand at all times.
- Closest Airport: You can directly land at the Leh Airport and take a car to reach your hotel.
- Sightseeing places: Visit the majestic mountains and several Buddhist monasteries on your visit to Leh-Ladakh. You can plan your trip to this place during the traditional festivals to enjoy the fun.
- The peak time to visit Leh-Ladakh: You can plan your visit to Leh-Ladakh either from October to December to experience extreme cold and snowfall. Otherwise, it is best to visit this place from February to June.
Himachal Pradesh – Kasauli
When you are thinking about making a list of India’s most romantic places, Kasauli is indeed on the list. It counts among the top 10 honeymoon places in India. The place is never too crowded so it ideal for couples to spend a quiet and romantic time together.
- Closest Airport: You can land at the Chandigarh Airport and reach Kasauli within two hours.
- Sightseeing places: You can witness the magnificent sunsets, go around the Kasauli Brewery and even visit several temples. Another place you cannot miss out on visiting when in Kasauli is the Hawa Ghar and Monkey Point.
- The peak time to visit Kasauli: You can plan your honeymoon to Kasauli any time of the year. The weather is pleasant and welcomes tourists all around the year.
McLeodganj – Dharamshala
Are you looking for the best honeymoon destination in India? Don’t miss out on McLeodganj and Dharamshala. It possesses a spiritual and serene environment. So, you can take blessing from this place after your married life.
- Nearest Airport: From the Kangra airport, it takes only 25 minutes to reach Dharamshala.
- Sightseeing: You can experience the Buddhist culture in this destination. Also, don’t miss out on visiting the Tibetan Refugee center and monasteries. Several cafes offer delicious food. You can enjoy the food while viewing the serene exotic mountains.
- The peak time to visit Dharamshala: You can plan your trip to Dharamshala and McLeodganj from October to June.
Himachal Pradesh – Dalhousie
If you think of getting married in the summer months, you can ideally plan your honeymoon to Dalhousie. It is often called ‘Mini Switzerland.’ You can witness several colonial buildings, lofty mountains, and lush green forests in your visit to Dalhousie.
- Closest Airport: You can land at the Pathankot Airport and then take a ride for three hours to reach Dalhousie.
- Sightseeing places: There aren’t many things to see in Dalhousie. But if you and your partner love trekking and hiking, it is an ideal place to fulfill your wishes. Strolling around the city to see the churches and colonial-era buildings are ideal things to do in Dalhousie.
- The peak time to visit Dalhousie: You can ideally plan your trip to Dalhousie from March to October.
Dhanaulti – Himachal Pradesh
All lovebirds love to enjoy some quiet time with their beloveds, especially in a magnificent environment. You cannot this of any other place than the place tucked in the lap of the Himalayas. Yes, you guessed it correctly! We are talking about Dhanaulti. The destination holds some exotic beauty that you and your partner are sure to fall in love with.
- Closest Airport: You need to land at the Dehradun airport and take a car drive of two hours to reach Dhanaulti.
- Sightseeing places: You may not find various things to do when in Dhanaulti, unlike other destinations. Enjoying nature and spending quality time with your partner is the best thing you can do here. Take long strolls across the place to witness the beauty and build excellent memories.
- The peak time to visit Dhanaulti: You can visit this exotic spot from October to July.
Uttarakhand – Auli
Auli is the best honeymoon destination in India. It is the hub of all romantic couples that wish to spend a sensual time together. The destination holds serene beauty and has several adventurous activities for couples.
- Closest Airport: You can land at the Jolly Grant Airport near Dehradun and drive to Auli for seven hours.
- Sightseeing: Try out some adventurous activities like skiing and hiking up and down the snowy slopes. Also, you can try traveling through cable rides.
- The peak time to visit Auli: You can visit Auli from October to July.
Karnataka – Coorg
Apart from the snow-peaked hills, the green mountains attract several couples throughout the year. It possesses beautiful green mountains and has a misty atmosphere. You can take rides in your cycle and try out hiking too. The magnificent sunsets and lush green meadows are things to enjoy.
- Closest Airport: You can land at the Mangalore and take a three and half hour drive to reach Coorg.
- Sightseeing places: You can visit Abbey Falls, Burude Falls, Talacauvery, Namdroling Monastery, Nagarhole National Park. Also, you can go river rafting at the Barapole river.
- The peak time to visit Coorg: You can plan your trip to Coorg from October to March.
Honeymoons are one of the most special things of a newly married couple. So, selecting beautiful destinations to plan for your honeymoon is essential. And to do that, planning your trip to India is the best choice. With so many places mentioned above, you are sure to find the best honeymoon destination in India to plan your vacay. Check out all the options and activities to try out and make your trip the most memorable one!