Term paper is a research paper written by students after the academic term is about to get over accounting for large part of grade of the students .Term paper generally describes an event, concept and make any valid argument over the topic.
Writing College term papers is like writing a research paper which is a comprehensive essay that students are required to submit at the end of the academic semester .This assignment tests students understanding of an academic course from all angles. It basically tests student’s learning in the course so that teacher can judge his/her basic knowledge about the course and further can allocate marks for the same.
Table of Contents
The Objectives of the Writing College term papers assignment are following:
- Provide students with the opportunity to develop in depth understanding of the topic.
- Provides an opportunity for some individual interaction between student and instructor and helps in clearing doubts of the students about writing college term papers.
- Guide students through the process of planning and executing substantial project.
- Allow students the student the opportunity to teach themselves.
Ten tips for writing college term papers:
- Start Early: Starting early will give you enough time to collect study material, do some proper search about the topic so that you can get good grade. Avoiding last minute hassle and completing your term well due in advance will give you an extra edge over others.
- Outline and Drafts: Written pre-planning and habit of doing a draft work before the final version of the term paper is saved. Making an outline of the term paper, jotting down important points will help to frame the term paper easily.
- Writing down Thesis: Thesis is the statement or theory that is put forward as a premise to be maintained or proved. It involves personal research on the topic involved. Term paper which lacks strong thesis will be inadequate and often lacking in focus. Thesis describes the central theme of the term paper and attempts to make a valid argument.
- Clearly defined Paragraphs and connecting phrases: Term paper should follow properly defined flow consisting of introduction, body followed by conclusion. The introduction is the first few paragraphs where you outline and introduce the topic. The body is where you handle the discussion – examples, research, opinions and arguments. The conclusion is at the end where you wrap the argument. If you leave any of these, your essay will feel as if missing something.
- Edit /Proofread: Before submitting the final version of the term paper it is important to proofread it in order to understand the flaws, any point missing or any improvement required for the term paper. you can give your term paper to someone you trust to read and see if they get the point you are trying to make. This would let you to critically evaluate your term paper and make the necessary changes for the final submission.
- Stellar Introduction: Good term paper contain catchy introduction that develops the interest of the reader. Relating an interesting story with the topic of the paragraph will capture the interest of the audience and will make the topic easily understandable, say to grasp.
- Use reliable reference and sources for your paper: Students often reluctantly cite sources but do so since it’s usually an assignment requirement .Using good source is the difference between a good grade and bad grade. Select sources that come from credible journals, books or scientific studies. Do not use outdated or irrelevant sources and refrain from over citing the sources that you never used.
- Don’t plagiarize: Refrain from Plagiarism. Plagiarism occur when writer use others work without properly citing the sources. You’ll more likely receive low grade and risk formal discipline.
- Get rid of irrelevant information: It better to get rid of irrelevant information used to fill space. Students often add long introduction and conclusion full of non essential information just to complete the minimum page requirement. But unfortunately, this does not help in achieving good grades.
- If you are struggling, get help: If you struggle with writing college term papers, seek assistance from your peers, seniors and professors, or avail essay writing services in places like Singapore. Do not hesitate in asking for help, it not only enrich your knowledge about the subject, but also help you in getting good grades.
Steps for writing College term paper:
- Choose your topic: if you get an opportunity to select your own topic for term paper take this as an advantage. Choosing the topic you are particularly interested in will make it easier for you to write the term paper with great zeal and enthusiasm.
- Do Your Research: It is pointless to launch into writing beforehand without proper research on the topic. Such situation will create a vague argument without creating a valid argument. It is important to understand the background of the topic in order to properly understand the topic to include the important points in the term paper.
- Refine your thesis statement: After you’ve done the research, reflect back over the chosen the chosen topic. Construct thesis that your research has proven. Once you’re satisfied that your topic is sound and clarified, proceed to writing your first draft.
- Develop an outline for the paper: It is better to have the outline sketched it gives you sense of structure and framework, serves as kind of Skeleton of you paper and rest is just filling in the details. Outline gives you all important points to be included in the college term paper.
- Make your Point In the introduction: Introduction of the term paper sets the theme of the term paper. so it is important to make a introduction stellar.
- Convince the reader with your body paragraph:Make sure each paragraph of the term paper supports the argument in the new way and together they provide list of evidences that prove your thesis.
- Conclude with strength: In the concluding paragraph, restate your thesis statement, and giving concluding remark of the argument you have stated.
- Think of good title to catch reader’s attention, but not too long or too short one.