One of the leading philanthropist and investor, Nicolas Berggruen quoted, ” Singapore has Been incredibly well-managed. It was created out of the swamps, with a strong emotional idea: a safe place mostly for the Chinese, but accepting other cultures and other races.” Being one of the mega-metropolis countries, Singapore has always been gathering attention to numerous tourist from all around the world. If you are looking forward to the best things to do in Singapore, the list becomes endless.
From bursting into outstanding attractions to delving into exciting activities to trips with family as well as couples. The symbol of the city, the Merlion should be on the top of the list followed by visiting and exploring Marina Bay and Singapore Flyer. Both the mentioned places offer Awe-inspiring panoramic views Across the famous Singapore Skyline.
From exploring the city life to delving into the diversity of the places to enjoying the nightlife, let’s take a short tour of what are the things to do in Singapore.
Top 10 Things to Do in Singapore:
1. Visit the Marina Bay
- One of the city’s most spectacular views is the Marina Bay. With the advancement going on at an increasing rate, the entire Marina Bay has undergone huge transformation.
- Known to-be the entrance of the Singapore River, this area is now one of the most spectacular places about the miniscule country that has turned out to-be one of the most luxurious travel destinations globally.
2. Clarke Quay
The places to visit nearby the Marina Bay are Clarke Quay that overlaps the Financial District. This area has one of the best and luxurious hotels, skyscrapers and attractions. From the best hotels, shopping centers, nightlife, and attractions, Marina Bay presents you with all.
3. Outing at the Singapore Zoo
- Another of the best things to do is going out with your family to visiting the best zoos in the world. The Singapore Zoo is one of the most beautifully designed zoos which covers nearly 28 hectares of lush green land on a peninsula in the Upper Seletar Reservoir.
- Home to Nubian ibexes, baboons and mongooses are the Great Rift Valley. On the other hand, you will be able to climb up through the first canopy to visualize the two-toed sloths, lemurs, and flying foxes.
- There are different section of the zoo. In the Denizens of the Frozen Tundra, you will be able to find the polar bear, wolverines, and raccoons whereas in the Primate Kingdom view the different types of monkeys. There are also lions, leopards, cheetahs, zebras and also the rarest of the rare white tiger.
- From younger kids to adults, everyone can visit the zoo taking a tram looping through the parks and view the outstanding view.
4. Wander Through the Singapore Botanic Gardens
- One of the world’s most extensive orchid gardens and Singapore’s largest green spaces, Singapore Botanic Gardens are worth the visit. One west side of the Orchard Road, you will be able to wander through the lush greenery.
- Here you will be able to find well-tended lawns, themed gardens and serene lakes that makes the Botanic Gardens complete. There are three lakes here out of which the Swan Lake is the most beautiful.
- More than 314 types of plants are found here. Not only this, you will be able to come across 1000 species and 2000 hybrids. The names of some of the attractive ones are named after famous politicians including Margaret Thatcher and Princess Diana.
- The Ginger Garden is another place to visit in Singapore Botanic Garden, situated right next to it. You will also be able to view occasionally Opera performances by the Symphony Lake.
5. A ride at the Singapore Flyer
- One of the best places to do in Singapore is to experience a ride in one of the largest observation wheels. Won’t it be so amazing to explore the entire city in a merry go ride wheel? Yes, we are talking about the Singapore Flyer.
- Crossing over the Marina Bay, this ferris wheels is nearly 165 feet meters in height. The most quintessential part of this flyer is that the beautiful ornate wheel looks marvelous when it is lit in the evening.
- After the Higher Roller in Las Vegas, the Singapore Flyer is the second largest in the world. The 30 Minutes of the ride will let you observe the famous Marina Bay, the skyscrapers of CBD, historical buildings of the Colonial District, and the ships of the South China sea.
6. Head to the Universal Studios for a day out
- The most popular Hollywood theme park, the Universal Studios is divided into seven worlds. This theme park is a star-studded attraction of Resorts World on Sentosa Island located on the end of the south.
- May it be families, couples or group of friends, there is attraction all over the entire theme park which is suitable for everyone. Famous among the children are Puss In Boots’ Giant Journey in Far Far Away, Dino-Soarin’ in The Lost World and the all-singing, all-dancing Sesame Street Show in Hollywood.
- There are also sci-fi rides as well as roller coaster rides, you will also be able to view the 3d thrill in the Transformers the Ride. Do not miss the opportunity of the Mummy, ancient Egypt.
- There are numerous explosions and plenty of stunts that you will be able to view. Not only this, you will be able to explore Singapore in another form where you will be able to view the Sentosa Island Attractions.
7. Take a Stroll through the Chinatown
- Another of the best things to do in Singapore is exploring the Chinese heritage. Take a walk from the Chinatown metro station followed by Pagoda St and Chinatown Heritage Centre.
- There are several sovereign shops, massage parlors as well as restaurants where you can enjoy lip smacking food. Get through the beautiful and colorful past of the Chinese. From there you can head towards the Sri Mariamman Temple. It is known to be one of the oldest Hindu temple in Singapore which showcases riot sculptures.
- You can also visit the Sri Layan Sinthi Vinayasagar Hindu Temple which is located on the south of the Keong Saik Road. Just strolling through a couple of pathways and exploring Singapore’s Chinese and Hindu Cultural heritage, you will be able to view the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple.
- There are mosque, temples as well as clan building which is one of the most visited places in Singapore. People all around the world come to visit here and know about the historical heritage of the city.
8. Visit the National Museum of Singapore
- If you are looking forward to exploring Singapore, it is to visit the best historic museum. The National Museum of Singapore is highly ornate themed galleries where you will be able to view the culture heritage of Singapore.
- From the colonial era to the top class ladies to the commoners, you will be able to view the characters itself. There are Living Galleries where you will delve into seeing the culture of Singapore based on themes including fashion, food, photography, and movies.
- The History Gallery will take you to the glorious past of the Malay Sultans and the British Colonial Period to the present day scenario. Walking through the places, you will be able to view the recreated opium den. Also, you are entitled to hear the heart wrenching stories of the Singaporeans who were under the Japanese during the World War II.
- Know about the journey of this city and how has it emerged as the prospering city-state. There is also Goh Seng Choo gallery where you will be able to explore the colorful paintings and the beautiful architecture, 19th-century Neo-Palladian and the Renaissance building including the dome-topped stained glass rotunda.
- Delve into venturing Geylang
- Known as the Singapore’s red light district, Geylang streets represent the modern and futuristic metropolis life. During the day time, a walk through the streets is so majestic, you will be able to view the architecture dated back to the 20th century.
- There are numerous temples, mosques as well as churches that have sprung up in the narrow streets of Geylang when Singapore expanded. Catering through the spiritual needs, Geylang is one of the spiritual places of Singapore. ‘
- Lorong 24A has two story shophouses, courtyards which represent the mixed heritage of Singapore. There you will be able to view the french windows, Mayal timber fretwork as well as Portuguese shutters.
- A bunglow on the stilts located on Lorong 26 is the one that is built in Malay Kampong style that dates back to the early 19th century.
9. Visit Little India
- Yes, you read that right. With the streets smelling of the incense sticks, beautiful temples and mouth watering indian dishes, Singapore has a small hub for Indians. Cattle trading occurred during the-mid 19th century which became the largest indian trading hub including the immigrants and workers from India.
- Due to meeting the spiritual needs, temples and Mosques were built. Saree and goldsmiths shops replaced cattle and then sprung up stores for garlands and Indian restaurants. You are entitled to explore the Buddha image inside the beautiful Sakya Muni Buddha Gaya Temple followed by majestic Taoist Leong San See Temple.
- Indian worshippers come here long way to thank Lord Vishnu at the Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple. Some halting at the Mustafa Centre for cheap electronics. Exploring Little India by visiting the shop houses and the beautifully artistic decor of the Abdul Gafoor Mosque.
- There is also the last surviving villa of the Little India. Through the Buffalo road, you will be able to find authentic Indian meal at a cost-effective rate at the Tekka Centre.
10. Gardens By The Bay
- It is one of the best places to visit in Singapore. Also, it is the top most place for tourist attraction in Singapore.
- The plants, greenery and the flowers are placed in the most creative and unique way possible. The displaying of all of these are majestic and beautifully carved.
- Though there is a huge crowd for its growing popularity, there is not too much of rush. Visiting this place is for the admission as you get to venture into the journey of viewing the natural beauty of Singapore.
There is so much of explore, visit and do things in Singapore. The list in unending and definitely, for this reason, it has become one of the most popular travel destinations globally. So, if you are willing to explore Singapore, pack your bags and head for a luxurious vacay to the most memorable and wonderful trip of your life that will always stay fresh in your mind.