“Bangkok though is a rejuvenating tonic; the people seem to have found the magic elixir. Life, a visitor feels, has not been wasted on the Thais.” Being the capital of Thailand, Bangkok is the place that never goes to sleep. It is always up with some of the other activity on various genres.
As you walk through the city, you will be ending up with different form and profession of people. From too poor to super rich, its that one city that feels like home. Bangkok is a combination city where there are loads of things to do and attractions to view.
Table of Contents
Things to do in Bangkok:
1. Visit the Grand Palace and Wat Prakeaw
- Known as to be the old city, it would be a loss if you do not visit one of the most beautiful Bangkok attractions. The intricately decored, spectacular Grand Palace is the must-see.
- It is also known to be the city’s famous landmark. This Grand Palace has been the home of the Thai King for nearly 150 years. Built in the year 1782, the Grand Palace is the older dame which also have the Royal Court and the administrative seat of the government.
- The architectural detailing of the palace is the biggest awe-inspiring moment of appreciating the creativity and craftsmanship of the Thai people. In the present day, the Grand Palace is the spiritual heart of the Thai Kingdom
2. View The Reclining Buddha
- If you are a traveller by heart, you ought to pay a visit to one of the best places in Bangkok and that is the Wat Pho. Known to be the home of the Reclining Buddha, the statue nearly stand 15 metres tall and 46 metres long.
- The measurement of the feet is nearly 5 metres. The entire statue is built in gold left. It is outstanding as you go closer to it.
- There are nearly 108 bowls inside the temple and while you are entering the temple, you are allowed to purchase the coins for the bowls.
- As per history, Buddha has completed 108 positive actions in becoming the perfectionist. While you are around the temple, there are other things to do in Bangkok nearby. For instance, receive the best traditional Thai massage.
3. A Trip to the Chatuchak Market
- If you are wondering what to do in Bangkok apart from visiting attractions, you should definitely go shopping at the Chatuchak Market. Nearly 8000 stalls covering the entire 27 acres of area, this place is known to be the largest market in the world.
- It is open only on Saturdays and Sundays. More than 200,000 people come to visit this place. And guess what? It is that tourist place where you will get things on sale always.
- Though the area is too big to discover within a few hours, we suggest you to better carry a map or use your smartphone to venture to the other areas.
4. Visiting the Bangkok National Museum
- Another of the best place for Bangkok sightseeing is the Bangkok National Museum. It is known to have the largest collection of all the artefacts and the art of the Thai in Thailand.
- Mainly inaugurated by King Rama V, this museum was opened to showcase all the gifts of his father had presented to him. There are many things to view here.
- You will be able to view the Chinese Weapons, precious stones, puppets, clothing, textiles as well as the Khon Masks. Visiting the museum on Thursday will pour you with the benefit of the tour in English.
5. Praying at the Wat Arun
- Also known as The Temple of Dawn, Wat Arun is one of the beautiful places to visit in Bangkok. Situated on the west bank of the Chao Phraya River, it is quite different from the others temples that you will be visiting in Bangkok.
- Not only the location of the riverside makes it beautiful but also the design is impeccably outstanding. The Wat Arun is partially made up of colourfully decorative spires.
- And the best part about it is, it stands upright over the water. The temple is completely operative to Wat Pho, so it will be easier for you to pay a visit.
6. Eating Street Food
- If you come to Bangkok and do not binge onto the street food then you haven’t even completed the things to do in Bangkok.
- Where even the Thai people choose to eat outside most of their meal, you can easily understand how amazing the street food is going to be. Wherever you come across a busy road, you will be able to find the street food vendors.
- The price is comparatively cheap. You will be able to taste the local and famous Pad Thai, then salads including the Som Tam to cooked squid. All will be cooked right in front of you.
7. Visiting the Dusit Zoo
- Other best things to do in Bangkok with your family or little ones is to visit the Dusit Zoo. It is known to be the oldest zoo in Thailand.
- Not only this, it has been opened for more than 60 years. It is one of the best places to discover Bangkok attractions for wildlife.
- You will come across different types of animals in the zoo. It nearly consists of 1600 different animals including monkeys, alligators, lions, tigers, penguins and kangaroos.
- The zoo is the working zoo which also has an animal hospital that takes care of all the inhabitants of the zoo. You will also be able to view the education centre, museum and train.
8. Exploring Bangkok Nightlife
- If you are planning to have something really amazing things to do in Bangkok, then it is exploring the nightlife of Bangkok. Bangkok has been mainly famous for its nightlife and serene life which has been gaining popularity.
- You will come across different nightclubs, bars, rooftop bars, hip cocktail bars and so much more. Also, there are adult themed Soi Cowboy and Patpong. You will be able to view the party scene at Khao San Road. And as well find many nearby dance pubs.
9. Visit Erawan Shrine
- Another of the places to visit in Bangkok which is known as the busiest area is the Erawan Shrine. Mainly a Brahmin shrine, it has always been attracting many visitors. It is known to be more popular than temples.
- Inaugurated in the early 1950’s, the shrine was constructed because the construction workers on the nearby hotel were highly superstitious to continue with their work. They had a feeling that the land spirits were not happy and have been creating problems in the area.
- When you visit this one of the beautiful Bangkok attractions, the shrine has four-faced Brahma God. Tons of people tend to gather there to lay the beautiful garland to pray for making their wishes come true.
10. Visiting Vimanmek Mansion
- One of the best things to do in Bangkok is visiting the world’s largest teakwood building. Known as the Vimanmek Mansion has been formally the royal residence. The house was used only for a few years and now is empty for years and decades now.
- This mansion has now been transformed into a museum. It is the home to numerous ancient artefacts. You will be able to find out some of the photographs donated by the King.
- When you will be entering the building, you will be able to take a picture there but the cameras are not allowed inside the museum. You also need to follow a strict dress code to ensure your dress modestly.
Bangkok is the home to many party planning places and has been one of the exotic locations for a memorable sabbatical. Whether you are going with your family or friends, Bangkok is here to welcome you with all the different sorts of experiences which will make you go awestruck.