Princeton University has been serving the students for almost three centuries. Established in the year 1746, it is the fourth oldest universities of the United States of America.
During its establishment, the college was named as College Of New Jersey, however, the institution had to be moved to Newark in the year 1747, but the changes didn’t last for long. The university was shifted back to Princeton, which renamed the university as Princeton University.
Princeton University, has been offering its students with top notch facilities and its studies decorum being the greatest attractions of all time.
The University specializes it’s students in the fields of Engineering, social sciences, humanities and natural sciences.
The kind of educational support the university provides, have helped in generating equally excellent outcomes.
Here’s a list of Princeton university notable alumni, who are one of the most famous and influential people round the globe.
Princeton university notable alumni who are now responsible for the supremacy of justice:
- Elena Kagan is the associate justice at SCOTUS (Supreme Court of United States).
- She is not only the Associate justice of SCOTUS but also served the role of Solicitor general of US, making her the first woman to undertake this job.
- Elena as a child took interest in law after being inspired from his lawyer father, Also her interests in law were aided by her mother, who strongly believed in having a high quality of education.
- Quote: “It was a very cool thing to be a smart girl, as opposed to some other, different kind. I think that made a great deal of difference to me growing up and in my life afterward.”
- Michelle Obama, in the history of America was the first ever Africa-American woman to claim the throne of first lady of the country.
- Michelle had been a dedicated student during her schooling years and was crowed as the class salutatorian on her graduation.
- Later she took inspiration from her brother to pursue law as her career and enrolled at Princeton University when she pursued her course in BA in sociology and in the year 1985 she graduated cum Laude.
Princeton university notable alumni who rocked the world of entertainment:
- Wentworth Miller is an actor, screenwriter, model and producer.
- Wentworth Miller has a family of rich- mixed races, ranging from his father being a black, his mother being a white, and his super ancestors belonged to various races including English, Cherokee, African-American, German, Jamaican, and Jewish ancestry.
- Miller settled in Los Angeles, to pursue his dreams of becoming an actor.
- Being a fresher miller had a fluctuating start of his career where it was not always rainbows and unicorns. However, he didn’t give up, and after years of struggling he finally rose to fame for his role as Michael Scofield.
- Miller attained a Graduation degree in English literature from Princeton University.
- The “Bridesmaid’ fame actress is well known for her comedic roles.
- Ellie Kemper had an interest for arts and entertainment since childhood and she along with her sister, uses to iterate various characters and develop various scripts.
- Together they also developed various videos and graduated in the same.
- She was a drama student in her high school.
- Later she joined Princeton to pursue course in English and became a role model in the fields of arts by bagging the best roles in college dramas.
Princeton university notable alumni who possessed a royal swag:
- Noor-Al-Hussein or Queen Noor, is the widow of the king of Jordan Hussein.
- Her birth name is Lisa Najeeb Halaby.
- Halaby was basically and Architect and worked for a company in Australia which undertook the renovating and designing new towns, she was offered the job of redesigning Tehran, Iran, which she readily accepted.
- Later she was offered a job Of Managing director of Arab Air services, however she became the director of facilities planning and design of the same airlines.
- There at one of her airline sites, she met Hussein of Jordan. The same year his third wife passed away, which was mourned by both of them for quite a long time.
- Later they both got engaged in 1978
- She received her graduation degree from Princeton University in the fields of Architecture and urban planning.
- She was also an active member of Princeton’s first woman’s Ice hockey team.
Princeton university notable alumni who’ve been amazing educationalists:
6Annie Marie Slaughter:
- Anne-Marie Slaughter is the CEO and president of the civic enterprise New America.
- She was also the first woman who held the position of director of Policy Planning for the United States Department of State.
- She is a feminist politics professor, who strongly believes in strengthening women.
- Her father was very particular about her career, as he saw a lot of woman being abandoned by their husband’s and leaving them mid-way totally devastated. Therefore her father, made it a point to give her a smooth life through a successful career.
- She was a Magna cum laude student and received her bachelor’s degree in European Cultural Studies.
Princeton university notable alumni who’ve earned a name in the historic pages:
- James Madison was the fourth president of the United States and also served the roles of American statesman and a political theorist.
- He is one of the most influential personalities in the history of Unites States of America, who didn’t leave a single stone unturned in shaping the destiny of US.
- He is regarded as the father of the constitution of the US, as he was the one, who drafted a plan, to grant the perfect kind of government and constitution America needed after being freed from the colonialism.
- Madison’s graduation degree from Princeton University included mathematics, science, Latin, Greek, philosophy, geography and rhetoric.
8Lisa Perez Jackson:
- Lisa Perez Jackson became the first African-American lady who worked at the US Environmental Protection agency as its head in the year 2006.
- She was also named the chief of Governor John Corzine, however the title didn’t last for long as she was appointed to the EPA by none other than the president Barack Obama.
- Lisa Perez Jackson was a chemical engineering student and enrolled herself for masters at Princeton University.
Princeton university notable alumni who made our lives technologically advanced:
- Jeff Bezos is considered as a role model of internet sales.
- He was the one who founded Amazon.com and is also the chief executive officer of the same.
- It was due to his efforts the E-commerce strategies were incorporated, and today he’s the largest retailer online, who initiated his business merely with books, which gradually expanded into various products.
- Jeff Bezos graduated Princeton University with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and computer science.
- The Quantum Mechanics Theory developer, Richard Feynman is one of the most renowned American physicist.
- He also played an integral part in developing the atom bomb.
- He has pursued his PhD in physics from Princeton
The achievements of these Princeton University Notable Alumni prove that there are no shortcuts to success, one can only hope to match their level of commitment and determination and reach the heights of success like they did!