Oxford University the name itself is so influential that it doesn’t need an introduction, as in the English speaking world, it is one of the oldest universities, which was established in the year 1096, after a lot of development and process since the 12th century.
The university offers excellent opportunities for scholarship, research and education for students worldwide. It has been one of the most prominent centers of intellectualism in England since centuries.
Oxford University also provides a huge platform for arts, religion and natural and applied sciences. After providing world class educational system, in the early 21st century, oxford introduced humanistic core as a major research capacity in the fields of Natural and applied sciences in the fields of Natural and applied sciences.
Here’s a list of Oxford university notable alumni:
Oxford university notable alumni who paved their way to fame worldwide and also achieved a position in the history of mankind:
- Adam smith was the pioneer of political economy, also he was a moral philosopher, and also played an integral role in the Scottish Enlightenment.
- His most legendary works comprises of, The Theory of Moral Sentiments (1759), and An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations (1776).
- Smith is regarded as the most creative minds in the fields of economics of all time, and is also the father of modern economics.
- Smith was a graduation student at oxford and university of Glasgow where he pursued his studies and researches in Social Philosophy and was also responsible to teach the post graduate students.
- Nigella Lawson is a famous television personality known for her journalism and broadcasting skills. She is also a well-known food writer.
- Nigella is yet another personality who fell the prey of frustration, agitation and suffering during her childhood.
- Nigella had a complicated relationship with her mother. When she was 20 years old, her parents divorced and later got remarried
- Her school years were very difficult to stand as she had to switch schools nine times during her age ranging from 9 years to 18 years.
- Due to continuous tension she was exposed to, nigella became a distracted girl but was good at her studies.
- Gradually she joined Oxford University to pursue her degree in medieval and modern languages.
- The first prime minister of Pakistan Liaquat Ali is also famous as Shaheed-E-Millat.
- Liaquat Ali worked with Mohammad Ali Jinnah for the purpose of strengthening Muslim league
- During the British discussion of Indian independence in 1946 Liaquat was made the financial minister.
- After the partition, Liaquat Ali became the first president of the newly established Pakistan.
- He graduated from oxford thereby became a barrister.
Oxford university notable alumni in the field of politics:
- Benazir Bhutto was the first woman to be democratically elected and 11th prime minister of Pakistan.
- She was the eldest daughter of the former president of Pakistan Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto.
- Bhutto was responsible for the implementation of the capitalist policies to revolutionize the industrial background of Pakistan
- She also hiked the Pakistan’s national security and economy.
- She was termed as “Iron Lady” as she gave a tough competition to her rivals.
- She had been a student of various well known colleges, however, the last college she ever attended was St Catherine’s college oxford. Before that she went to Lady Margaret Hall oxford where she pursued additional courses in international Law and Diplomacy.
- Indira Priyadarshani Gandhi and the only daughter of former Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Till date she is the only woman prime minister of India, who last served her term in the year 1984, before being slayed by her Sikh guards.
- She was the one who served the second longest term of being a prime minister and a central figure of the Indian national congress.
- She enrolled for modern history in oxford’s Somerville, where she could not complete her course, due to ill health.
- Imran khan is regarded as the most esteemed cricketer in the history of Pakistani cricket.
- He was the one under whose captaincy in the year 1992 Pakistan bagged the world cup.
- After retiring from cricket he engaged himself into the country’s politics and emerged out to be one of the most influential politicians ever.
- He enrolled himself at the oxford University Economics, politics, and philosophy in the Keble College.
Oxford university notable alumni in the field of entertainment:
- Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson is well known actress for her roles in harry potter series.
- Along with being a successful actress Emma is also an activist.
- Emma was born in Paris to her lawyers’ parents, whose relationship didn’t last for long. Emma was only five years only when her parents got divorced.
- She fell a prey to be discretely living with her parents, as the days to be lived with her parents was divided.
- Emma lived in oxford and as a child enrolled for dancing, acting and singing at Stagecoach Theater arts.
- She continued with her profession in active, however she coped to settle time for her studies and graduated from oxford in 2014 with a bachelor’s degree in English Literature.
- Rowan Atkinson is an actor, a screen writer and a well-known comedian best recognized for his roles as Mr. Bean and Sitcoms Blackadder.
- He was the youngest of the four brothers. And the son of a farmer and a company director.
- He received his graduation degree from Newcastle University, in Electrical Engineering, which was followed by his Postgraduate degree in electrical engineering which he got from the Queen’s college oxford.
Soha Ali khan:
- Soha Ali khan is the daughter of Nawab of Pataudi (late Mansoor Ali Khan pataudi) and actress Sharmila Tagore.
- Along with being an actress she also likes to play tennis and read novels
- “Rang De Basanti” was the movie which along with being a debute also made her bag loads of awards for her excellency in performance.
- Soha enrolled at Oxford University to pursue her bachelor’s degree in economics.
By the end of this article we hope that you enjoyed it, Thumbs up if you liked the article, and do give your feedbacks to know more.