Dogs are man’s best friend. They are witty, amiable, and clever when you need to play. However in specific circumstances, any kind of dog can be dangerous. Indeed, even friendly dogs can attack & bite. The most dangerous dogs are recognized for their cases of human fatalities. Some dog breed can possibly to be causing more dog fatalities & injuries to a victim than other different breeds and this is precisely why we call them “dangerous”.
As per the number of accidents caused by different dog breeds in US and Canada, I have compiled the list of top 10 most dangerous dog breeds in the world.
When you cautiously study the historical backdrop of some of these dogs, you will observe that they originally nurtured for other purposes and not human friendship. Most of these dogs were first raised for fighting and hunting purposes.
As specified by the examination from Animal individuals in US and Canada – right from the period September 1882 to 31 December 2012 — Pitbulls and Rottweilers have topped the most dangerous dogs in the world breeds list since they are supposed to be causing more fatalities and injuries.
See below for a more detailed statistics of Most Dangerous Dog breeds in U.S. and Canada.
|Bodily harm||Child Victims||Adult Victims||Deaths||Maimings|
|Pit Bull Terrier||3397||1355||1312||295||
Bullmastiff (Presa Canario)
|Pit Bull mix||206||78||54||12||
Below you’ll find some interesting facts about these most dangerous dogs in the world breeds that are said to be the deadliest.
Most Dangerous Dogs In The World:
The American Pit Bull Terrier tops the list of world’s most dangerous dogs. Pit Bulls are known for their extremely aggressive nature because of which many states have legislation banning the breeding of pit bulls. Actually, it is the owners who should be blamed for training these dogs for sports and illegal hunting.
Temperament: Strong Willed, Obedient, Loyal, Friendly, Clownish, Stubborn, Courageous, Intelligent, Affectionate
Weight: Generally ranging from 30-80 pounds
Height: Up to 2 feet
Life span: 8-15 years
Bite force: 235 pounds of pressure
Interesting Facts about Pit Bulls
- When trained properly and a cherishing family they can be great with kids, American pit bull terriers are known to be loving, jovial, friendly, loyal and social. They are also attentive and intelligent dogs.
- Because of its muscular build, pit bulls can be outstanding fence climbers.. consider this before bringing your pit bull home.
- The pit bull terrier is trained in numerous activities and regularly takes part in agility, carting, competitive obedience, hunting, tracking and weight pulling.
- Pit bulls are easier to train than numerous different breeds. Pit bulls are probably to obey their owners and require less command reiterations.
Rottweilers take up second place in the list of “top 10 most dangerous dog in the world” with powerful jaws. As a defensive animal, these can protect your home really well. Most owners of Rottweilers find them calm. But they don’t like strangers and can suddenly become aggressive if they are not trained right.
Temperament: Devoted, Good-natured, Alert, Steady, Self-assured, Obedient, Calm, Confident, Courageous, Fearless
Weight: Usually range from 110-130 pounds
Height: Up to 2-2.3 feet
Life span: 8 -10 years
Bite force: 328 pounds of pressure
Interesting Facts about Rottweiler
- Rottweilers love exercising! Preferably you ought to walk/play with your Rottweiler thrice a day for minimum 20 minutes.
- Rottweilers usually have a good life span of eight to ten years.
- Like German Shepherds, Rottweilers can be excellent farm and rescue workers. They were once well-known as “Rottweil butchers’ dogs.” Since they used to herd cattle and help out local butchers!
- Some Rottweilers have congestion and snore when they rest or sleep, however that is simply one more adorable characteristic. This dog breed be likely drool, fart and sleep — a lot.
- Rottweilers have a tendency to lean against people as they used to lean against cattle to help move them along.
The Germans raised this dog breed to protect their herds in rural areas. They are famous K-9 dogs, known for their fearlessness, confidence, and intelligence. They are very powerful animal and can serve you loyal but if they are taken care well can be dangerous too.
Temperament: Watchful, Alert, Curious, Obedient, Loyal, Confident, Courageous, Intelligent
Weight: Generally 65-90 pounds
Height: 2-2.1 feet
Lifespan: 11-12 years
Bite Force: Over 238 pounds of pressure.
Interesting Facts about German Shepherd
- Despite the fact that their aggressive nature had named them to be as one of the dangerous dogs breeds but when they are trained legitimately, trust me — they are your best companion. By nature, German shepherd is keen on food, fun and friends
- German shepherds show huge inquisitiveness in discovering their surroundings. If you have one, you must have observed. This curiosity actions is seem when he or she is a puppy
- German shepherd can pick up great speed & simultaneously can stop all of a sudden without hesitant on anything or its surroundings
- German shepherd is an intense hair shredder Regardless of the fact that you brush its hair at regular intervals; you will still observe hairs drifting in air. So brush its hair consistently on the off chance that you need to keep your home cleanliness
These dogs were mainly used to pull sleds in Siberia and for adventure trekking. Huskies are known for their strong predator instinct, energy and intelligence. Huskies are supposed to be taken for regular walks. A well-trained Huskey will be exceptionally faithful to its family’s lives.
Temperament: Outgoing, Alert, Gentle, Friendly, Intelligent
Weight: Generally ranging from 44–60 pounds
Height: 1.7-2 feet
Life span: 12-14 years
Bite force: 320 pounds of pressure
Interesting Facts about Husky
- Huskies only totally shed their undercoats twice every year. The shedding time frame keeps going three weeks yet can go on any longer. Do hope to do a lot of grooming and vacuuming amid this period.
- Huskies are exceptionally autonomous minded however will rapidly get to be consistent to an experienced dog owner who can set up himself as the alpha leader.
- Huskies are completely capable of being potty trained with the right set of techniques but require some work and tolerance. Do hope to use your pooper scooper inside amid the initial couple of months of training.
- Huskies look to some extent like wolves and have even been depicted in movies. Though, as per the Siberian Husky Club of America, they are a trained purebred dog with no hereditary lineage connecting them to wolves.
Despite the fact that “Boxer” is also list one among the top 10 most dangerous dog. They are bright, playful and energetic, with strong jaws. Their very look is frightening and can become aggressive to strangers.
Temperament: Playful, Devoted, Bright, Loyal, Energetic, Friendly, Calm, Cheerful, Confident, Fearless, Brave, Intelligent
Weight: Generally ranging from 55-70 pounds
Height: 1.7-2 feet
Life span: 10 – 12 years
Bite force: 230 pounds of pressure
Interesting Facts about Boxer
- In United States, Boxers are the sixth most popular dog breeds
- They became well-liked after WW-II when soldiers brought them home as their pets
- One of the funniest facts about boxers is that they snore loud
- Previously, you could have seen boxers in circus ring performances. The reason: they are wise and effortlessly trainable. Therefore, people used them to make money
- Initially, these dog breeds were developed in Germany and are still used as police dogs
- Boxers are faithful, trustworthy and die to please you. But if you punish them barely for their wrong behaviors, they will turn awful
In my list of top 10 dangerous dogs, Alaskan Malamutes are intelligent and friendly dogs, but can become disobedient and destructive on times if not exercised properly. They are ideal for carting, mushing, bikejoring, and skijoring. Since they are difficult to train, it is better to keep them away from kids.
Temperament: Playful, Devoted, Loyal, Friendly, Dignified, Affectionate
Weight: Generally ranging from 72-94 pounds
Height: 1.8-2.1 feet
Life span: 10 – 12 years
Interesting Facts About Alaskan Malamutes
- Alaskan malamutes are moderate learners. So you will require a lot of patience to train Alaskan Malamutes
- These dogs are productive hair shedders. Simply bring Alaskan Malamutes to your home and watch how sooner your house is heaped with entire part of hairs
- Alaskan Malamutes are capable of making different types of sounds to pass on their requirements to you. As these dog breeds appreciate human company, you got the opportunity to invest a lot of energy with them to keep them glad.
- They require lot of energy, exercise, love and your attention as well. Malamutes that lack exercises often misbehave & at times can turn dangerous too.
- They are incredibly friendly with well-behaved kids
- Malamutes be adamant you to permit them to be a part of your family exercises.
The Doberman Pinscher also known as “Dogs with a human brain”. if trained properly, can become great guard dogs. They are very faithful to their owners and are also very intelligent quickly understanding instructions. However, they are quite aggressive.
Temperament: Alert, Obedient, Loyal, Energetic, Fearless, Intelligent
Weight: Generally 75-90 pounds
Height: Around 2-2.3 feet
Life span: 10-13 years
Bite force: Thought to be 600 pounds of pressure, though this has been disputed
Interesting Facts About Doberman
- These dog breeds will put forth a valiant effort when they have something to do. They can even watch at the TV, help your business and abruptly can sit on your lap as well. although, they are totally aloof with strangers.
- Dobermans can do self-estimations. So if your family is being in danger, you don’t need to sheer a word. They will consequently sense and do everything to secure you.
- As these dog breeds are exceptionally intelligent and vivacious, inappropriate training can bring about behavioral issues. This is the reason it is listed in dangerous dog breeds.
- Dobermans are more delicate to sounds. indeed, they can hear sounds 250 yards away.
Chow-Chow dog breeds are very independent but considered as one of the top ten most dangerous dogs. Although the Chow-Chow looks sweet and adorable because of their looks, they can be fatal especially to strangers.
Temperament: Aloof, Loyal, Quiet, Independent
Weight: Generally 55-70 pounds
Height: 1.5-2 feet
Lifespan: 10-15 years
Bite force: Unknown
Interesting Facts About Chow Chow
- Chow Chow dog breed is the only dog breed with purplish lips and tongue
- Chows Chows originated in China and are there since 4000 years. hence, they are assumed to be one of the oldest dog breeds.
- Chow Chows are generally obstinate as they are more prevailing. These dog breeds are excellent to train and mingle them when they are young
- When Chow Chows complete 1 year, they ought to be considered grown-ups.
Wolf Hybrid is a cross breed between dog and a grey wolf. They are less predictable and highly aggressive. On the other hand these dog breeds can be an excellent pet and companion and may feel nervous around strangers.
Weight: Generally ranging from 80-125 pounds
Height: 2-2.8 feet
Life span: 12-15 years
Bite force: 406 pounds of pressure
Interesting Facts About wolf hybrid
- These dog breeds body structure is larger and leaner.
- A wolf’s brain is around one third bigger than the other domestic dog.
- These dog breeds are stronger and physically more powerful.
The Great Danes or German Mastiff is one of the largest and unique breeds of dogs ever domesticated. They captures the attention of public wherever they go and was initially bred for hunting animals and look scary because of their immense size.
Temperament: Devoted, Reserved, Gentle, Friendly, Confident, Loving loof, Loyal, Quiet, Independent
Weight: Generally 99-198 pounds
Height: 2.3-2.8 feet
Lifespan: 6-8 years
Interesting Facts About Great Danes
- “Giant George”, a Great Dane was measured 3.5 feet in height though it weighed 245 pounds. It made a Guinness record for being the world’s tallest dog ever.
- Condo living is entirely fine for this gigantic dog breed. Great Danes require 30 minutes walk a day to keep them fit
- Great Danes dog breeds grow speedily. Within a year, it can grow 6 feet tall and hardly eat their food.
- Great Danes are one among delicate dog breeds. They won’t react well to hard training techniques. Atlternatively nervousness can easily kill this dog (in less than 60 minutes)
Hope you had enjoyed the post about top 10 most dangerous dogs in the world!
If you are interested to know more about dogs, read: Facts about Dogs.