Water getting into our ears is a common phenomenon in all ages. The water entering into the ears blocks the ears and can lead to irritation and Infection. Therefore we have framed this article to let you know about how to get water out of your ear and how to remove water from ear after swimming.
Table of Contents
How To Get Water Out Of Your Ear:
Drain Your Ear:
- For this you need to have a soft towel.
- Firstly grab your towel and wipe your air with easy strokes.
- Next tilt your head so that the water gets a passage to drain out of your ear canal.
- Gently pull your earlobe downwards and pull it towards and away from your face to help the canal open up.
- In case the water is too stubborn, you may need to tilt your hair towards the floor, and from here the magic of gravity begins!
- Once you tilt towards the floor start jumping so as to get the water out of your ear.
- You can also try opening your mouth as wide as you can or merely chewing motions can help you dislodge water easily from your ear.
Blow-Dry To Get Water Out:
- Blow dry can help you get rid of the annoying water in your ear easily and fast.
- First of it is necessary to keep in mind the precautions you need to keep in mind before subjecting your ears to this technique.
- You have to set your blow dry to the lowest settings, and if possible set it on the cool motion.
- Grab the blow dryer firmly and place it almost a feet away, from your air.
- Pull your earlobe, so that you can make more space for the air to pass through the canal.
- This passing of the air will help you to evaporate the water and thus will drain away.
Ear Drain Mixture And Ear Drops:
- This procedure is very useful in getting rid of the water, however people who have damaged eardrums or undergone an ear surgery are to be kept away from this.
- This procedure is not to be carried out by people who have damaged ear drums.
Vinegar And Alcohol:
- This simple remedy helps to get rid of the bacteria caused by the water in ear.
- Since stubborn water in air can cause bacteria which can eventually lead to the formation of various infections, therefore this technique is highly recommended.
- All you have to do is to mix equal parts to both the liquids and prepare a solution.
- In a dropper, take the liquid, and put just two drops of it in the ear I which you feel the water had settled.
- This technique is highly recommended to avoid swimmers ear.
- Swimmer’s ear is an infection which is caused mainly in swimmers as the water get settled in the ear for a long time.
- Usually to avoid this disease the swimmers put dome drops before and after swimming, this prevents them from catching any disease.
Salt Water Solution:
- This is regarded as one of the best techniques to get rid of water and wax in the ear.
- For this technique you need to mix just one cup of water and quarter of a teaspoon of salt.
- Mix briskly to make a solution.
- Do not use extremes of temperature for water. Room temperature would suit the best for this purpose.
- Take a dropper (Bulb syringe) to put a few drops of the solution into your ear.
Garlic And Olive Oil:
- Since Garlic if renowned for its high antibacterial properties and olive oil works as a soother for several ailments, therefore the combo makes a great remedy for bacteria and infection eradication.
- For this remedy you need to firstly crush the cloves of garlic.
- Next take a pan and put some olive oil to it.
- Next add the garlic cloves to it.
- Very slowly and gently just warm the cloves by stirring it continuously.
- Take a strainer and gather the resultant mixture in a container and let it cool.
- Afterwards put a little drops of it in your ear to treat any discomfort or infection.
- The act of continuously chewing a gum is one of the easiest ways you can do to eradicate water from your air.
- All you have to do is chew gum has much as possible.
- The chewing motion will create some pressure in the middle ear that would stretch the ear’s canal which would help you to get rid of water easily.
Add Water To Ear:
- By adding some water to your ears, the cohesive force would eradicate the already existing water in your ear.
- All you have to do is that place your head tilted upwards.
- Next add some water drops (room temperature) into your ear.
- Quickly flip your sides and make your ear tilt downwards
- This way the stubborn water will get out.
How To Remove Water From Ear After Swimming:
Usually Swimming makes a good source of water entering your ears, even if your use ear plugs they also don’t guarantee 100% safety of your ears as they can anytime lose grip of your ear and flow always in water.
Therefore below are some points that would help you remove water from ear after swimming.
Shaking The Head:
- The moment you step out of the pool after swimming immediately start shaking your head titling it and switching the sites.
- You can also your use your fingers to slightly open the canals to let the water flow out.
Pop The Ears:
- Secure your nose by pinching it nicely, and keep your mouth shut by locking your lips tightly.
- Now gently start blowing, however you have to keep your mouth tightly locked, and do not let the air escape.
- This will result to a popping sound if any water was present in your ear, and will eventually move out by tilting your head.
- This technique is useful to get rid of moisture in the ear.
- Tilt the effective ear upwards and put in a few drops of the rubbing alcohol.
- Titling would not let the liquid fall out.
- Once the rubbing alcohol hits your ears, it will start working on the moisture and will help you drain it out.
- Rubbing alcohol can cause you some tingling sensations for a few seconds, however instead of panicking you should relax.
Yawning To Get Water Out:
- Weather it is yawning or simply opening your mouth as much as you can, both the techniques would work well to eradicate the water from your ears.
- While yawning try pulling your earlobes so as to enlarge the canals.
- This would help the water to flow out more easily.
Vacuum To Get Ear Water Out:
- Try creating a vacuum in your ears by placing your palms on your effected ears and push them in and out.
- Slowly the stubborn water will start flowing out.
- Usually the wax in the air, holds the moisture for a long period of time which can worsen the conditions.
- Therefore put some drops of 3% dilute hydrogen peroxide that would soften the ear wax.
- This can help well to eradicate was and water both from your ear.
A whole lot of information specially serving for your ear’s care! We hope you liked it!!!