So, you had to go out for a special occasion and decided to groom yourself. Shaving being an integral process of grooming so you started with it, and Ouch!!! Things didn’t come out as you expected to be… and you ended up forming several razor bumps onto your skin… and your ideas of becoming the center of attraction are all flushed!
To get rid of such unwanted situation below we have framed this article regarding How to get rid of razor bumps fast, on legs, on face, on neck, on bikini area, on vagina, How to get rid of shaving bumps, How to get rid of razor burn bumps.
Table of Contents
How To Get Rid Of Razor Bumps Fast:
Discover easy ways to get rid of razor bumps fast if you did not take correct steps in preventing razor bumps-
Aloe Vera can be also called as a versatile remedy, which is widely used to cure a number of skin related problems as well as medications.
- Take a leaf of Aloe Vera, or get some Aloe Vera gel from a medical store.
- Peel the leaf and extract the gel.
- Just apply a little bit of gel on the affected area and wait until it dries.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- You’ve got to repeat this procedure 2-3 times a day for one week after shaving.
Baking soda is very well known in the beauty world for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Take a table spoon of baking soda and add it to a cup of water.
- Soak some cotton in the resultant solution, and start applying it on the affected areas.
- You need to keep the affected area wet with the solution for about five minutes before rinsing it.
How To Get Rid Of Razor Bumps On Legs:
Did not take proper steps in preventing razor bumps on legs while shaving or waxing your legs and armpits? Following are the best ways to get rid of razor bumps on legs.
Benzoyl peroxide is regarded as an excellent treatment for treating razor bumps.
All you need to do is that take 2.5 or 5 percent of benzoyl peroxide acne treatment once in a day.
However before experimenting with this remedy it is highly recommended to consult a doctor regarding its usage over your skin.
For this remedy you will be needing wither a natural or a chemical exfoliator.
- Firstly take a rough sponge and soak it in some antibacterial cleanser lather.
- Rub the skin with the sponge to remove any bacteria and to avoid any hair growth in the wrong direction.
- Next exfoliate your skin with any of the above exfoliators available.
How To Get Rid Of Razor Bumps On Face:
Prevention is always better than cure, and fortunately, there are quite a few ways to get rid of razor bumps on face from occurring.
Bump brush or a facial cleanser:
Keeping your face clean is the most important step you have to follow to eradicate those annoying razor burns.
Therefore it is important that you keep your skin absolutely clean to avoid any further growth of bacteria in the infected area.
Another point to remember is that while shaving it would be the best if you use warm water as it loosens up the pores, unlike the cold water, it increases the risk as the pores get tightened.
Since shaving with grain helps you keep your hair aligned, therefore, next time when the hair grows. It would be smooth and straight rather than being curly and creating bumps!
How To Get Rid Of Razor Bumps On Neck:
For this you will be needing a wash cloth and warm water.
- Moisten the wash cloth with the warm cloth.
- Next, wipe the affected area with the wash cloth.
- This would help the skin to sooth and would uncurl the hair.
In a case like razor bumps, what else can be better than some homemade stuff?
- For this remedy you will be needing some ice and a towel.
- Pack some ice in a towel and hold it firmly.
- Next, press the towel onto the affected area as per the requirements.
How To Get Rid Of Razor Bumps On Bikini Area:
Bikini area is a very sensitive area and has to be taken care of very carefully.
To get rid of razor bumps on bikini area treat the bumps by any of the ways and get back to soft, smooth and irritation-free skin.
- You will have to avoid using razor over the affected area, as this would only worsen the conditions by increasing the infection.
- You will have to be patient, and let the hair grow, to check if the bump breaks out on its own.
Retin A can be used to treat razor bumps as is smoothens the skin by avoiding the appearances of any scars.
However Retin-A cannot be used on areas which are to be waxed in the near future or it cannot be used on breasts when you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Also it is highly recommended to consult a doctor before experimenting with it.
How To Get Rid Of Razor Bumps On Vagina:
Vaginal area is yet another area which has to be taken care of sensitively.
Therefore to treat such sensitive and private areas it is the best if you uses Cortisone cream along with an Aloe Vera gel base two times a day.
This would help to sooth the skin by eradicating the irritation caused by the bump.
- Take an Aspirin and mix it in a table spoon of water.
- Apply it to the affected area and let it stay over for around ten minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this procedure twice a day.
How To Get Rid Of Shaving Bumps:
Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Take a cotton ball, and dab it in some apple Cider vinegar.
- Gently apply it onto the affected area.
- Wait until it dries in the air.
- Wash it off and repeat this procedure 2-3 times a day.
- Take some warm water and moisten a black tea bag in it.
- Cool the tea bag and refrigerate for around 10 minutes.
- Later start rubbing the affected area with the refrigerated tea bag for around three minutes.
- Repeat this procedure several times day.
How To Get Rid Of Razor Burn Bumps:
Cucumber serves as an excellent remedies for razor burns due to the presence of vitamin C and K.
- All you need to do is to slice the cucumber and keep them in the refrigerator.
- You need to refrigerate them for 10 minutes.
- Next take them out of the refrigerator and start wiping the affected area with the cucumber slices.
Oatmeal is regarded as an excellent remedy for beauty as well as for health.
- For this remedy you will be needing some oatmeal, natural yogurt and honey.
- Mix all the three ingredients together and apply onto the affected part.
- Let is stay for about thirty minutes.
- Later rinse it off with clear water.
So these were the easiest means of saving yourself from those annoying bumps. We hope you got your answers as to How to Get Rid of Razor Bumps!!!