Stuffy nose is a common phenomenon in every human body, however it can prove to be really annoying both for the person suffering from the illness, and the people surrounding the patient so how to get rid of a stuffy nose.
The annoying sounds and the disturbances created by a stuffy nose are somethings which are to be treated with utmost care, as these little signs of ailments can eventually lead to some major illness if not treated the way it should be.
Therefore we have framed this article to let you know to How to get rid of a stuffy nose reasons, quick solutions, natural remedies so that you won’t be harming yourself more by taking some antibiotics next time so as to achieve instant results!
How To Get Rid Of A Stuffy Nose Quick Solutions:
Blow Your Nose:
- Blowing the nose is an age old technique of getting rid of a congested nose.
- Since the brain nerves gets pressurized the moments the nose if blown, therefore this technique is being questioned frequently.
- However it is an excellent remedy to get rid of the stuffy nose instantly!
- Blowing your nose is not a casual process, the intensity of blowing your nose depends on how much congested your nose actually is, and along with how much pressure your nostrils and brain nerves can take.
- If you blow your nose more than what your nerves can take you can end up worsening the conditions.
A Hot Shower:
Congestion in the nose happens due to the blockage of the nasal passages. To open up the blockage what else can be better than a soothing hot shower! This technique works the best on Allergies and cold as the warmth of the water and steam has an extremely soothing effect.
- For this method you need to stand under hot water (by hot we mean warm or hot enough that your skin could stand it, by not burning it!).
- Stand in such a position that the hot water runs through your body completely.
- Stand in the water for about ten to fifteen minutes.
- By the time you keep standing there, do not start testing your skills in bathroom singing!
- You need to utilise the time by initiating inhaling and exhaling as much as you can.
- The deeper the better!
- Slowly and slowly the nose would start cleaning up.
- This is a tested remedy that along with your cleared nose with freshen you up completely!
Steam Treatment is yet another age old technique of pampering your way to free nasal passages. Steam treatment is not only effective in relieving your nostrils, but also works great for your skin (steam bath works on the same principle!). In order to gain the maximum benefits from this technique, it is advisable to add some essential eucalyptus oil to the hot water.
- Set up the needful, by first boiling the water.
- Grab the boiling water container very carefully, and place it somewhere on a table.
- Drape a towel over your head and sit in front of the hot water container.
- As suggested above you can add the essential eucalyptus oils to the hot water.
- Green tea can also do wonders if you do not have eucalyptus oils.
- Carefully place your head above the hot water container, and cover yourself with the towel.
- Once you get covered ensure that the steam reaches your nose.
- Start by inhaling and exhaling as long as the water remains hot and steamy.
- Again deeper the better!
- The stuffy nose will vanish, by leaving you a healthier and glowing skin!
- You need to do this several times a day so as to give you long lasting and desired results.
How To Get Rid Of A Stuffy Nose: Natural Remedies
Basil (Tulsi) is considered as sacred and is present in almost every Indian house. Other than being considered sacred, it consists of multiple medicinal benefits, which has been considered since ages. Basil is an excellent solution for your stuffed nose, and can be chewed raw to build out immunity.
- Pluck some basil leaves and wash them properly.
- You need to chew 3 to 4 leaves of it properly in the morning as well as at night.
- The best you can do is to have them on an empty stomach.
- Basil can also be taken with tea, by boiling the basil leaves in the water and then add the tea leaves to it.
Hot Ginger Compress:
With the high anti-inflammatory properties, Ginger has been a well-known name in the fields of medicines. For the nasal passages you need to make a ginger tea.
- All you have to do is to boil the some chopped ginger in the water and after wards add the tea and other ingredients.
- For the ginger-style-anti- inflammatory remedy, you need to take around a three inches ginger and chop it off nicely.
- Take approximately two cups of water and boil it.
- Now add the chopped ginger to it.
- Heat both the ingredients on low heat for around 15-20 minutes.
- Once the brew’s temperatures gets suitable for the skin, soak the cloth into it, and apply in onto the inflamed areas.
Hot soup are not doubt one of the most delicious remedial foods to have! Soups specifically for stuffed nose can be many however Chicken soup, Vegetable soup and lentic soup are highly advised to get rid of the annoying stuffed nose.
- You can search for your favorite soups recipes on YouTube, however to get rid of the stuffy nose you need to take it 2-3 times a day.
- Note: Since soups are really hot, therefore it is highly advised to not to take too much of soup at once, or else you will end up with a burnt tongue.
Reasons Of A Stuffy Nose:
- With the rise in pollution, came a rise in illness and allergies, which can have an adverse effect on your health.
- The most common illness cause by the allergies is a stuffed nose.
- They are extremely painful and needs to be dealt with it as soon quick as possible.
- Allergies are also caused due to a change in weather.
- A majority of illness is caused during the changes in weather.
- Falling sick is the most common way of suffering from stuffed nose.
- Even the most mild touch of cold, can lead to an extremely stuffy nose.
- Usually cold can happened for around 2-4 times annually.
Abnormalities In Your Nose Structure:
- Abnormalities in your nose structure can also lead to excessive congestion in your nose.
- Since the mucus and air are not free to move radically, therefore it leads to excessive blockage.
- For such conditions, it is highly advised to undergo a surgery.
This is how you have to start exercising something more effective, rather than unknowingly ruining your health by antibiotics!