Pomegranate is a fruit rich in iron and other nutrients essential for human being. It is a delicious fruit which you can consume in many different ways. The fruits is widely grown in different parts of the world such as tropical Africa, Middle East, central Asia, Mediterranean basin, south East Asia Caucasus region. Do you know how to eat a pomegranate? Let us find out several ways in consuming this particular fruit. You must be consuming pomegranate simply by chewing its seed. Other than that, there are many new and innovative ways to eat a pomegranate.
How to eat a pomegranate in different ways?
1Eat pomegranate like fruit
You can eat pomegranate either as your morning breakfast or as an evening snacks. You can now eat the pomegranate itself in two ways. Following are the ways:
- Take out the seeds of pomegranate with your fingers and take it in a bowl. Now you can either use your fingers or just a spoon to have it.
- Another way of having just the pomegranate is make 4 haves of it and bite it from the slices one after another and chew it correctly to have the juice. The thin white filament which is present between several groups of seeds can be bitter. Thus, it is important to take out that thin filament and then have pomegranate seeds filled with juice.
2Pomegranate garnish over juice
You must have seen many juices displayed in juice bar or a restaurants properly garnished with different natural fruit items. For example, lemon juice is garnished with round slice or lime. Also small watermelon pieces are place over the juice formed with same fruit. Now, you can try some mix and match of juice garnish to make it look colorful. The pomegranate seeds can be easily used to make your juice attractive. All you have to do here is make mango juice with a ripe mango at first. Now sprinkle some pomegranate seeds over the mango juice and enjoy the colorful juice.
3Make pomegranate juice
For making pomegranate juice, the ingredients you require are:
- Pomegranate- 1 big
- Sugar/ honey- 2/3 spoons
- Water – 2 glass
- Salt – ½ spoon
- Ice cubes -2-3
- Cut the pomegranate in a systematic way
- Now peel out the skin and take out the juicy pomegranate seeds in a bowl
- Take a juicer and insert all the pomegranate seeds in it
- You will find pomegranate juice inside the juicer
- Empty all inside a bowl and separate the juice from the residue
- You can use a net to separate the juice
- Now pour the so formed juice in a glass
- Add 2 spoon of sugar or 3 spoons of honey
- Add ½ spoon of salt
- Stir it well till the sugar gets dissolved
- Now add water till brim and stir again with a spoon
- You can make another glass of pomegranate juice with same process
4Pomegranate in salads
Do you know how to eat pomegranate with salads? I am going to share the fact in this content. There are wide range of salad varieties among which you have to choose such options that is matching with pomegranate. You can also go ahead with an experiment to add pomegranate in salads. Following are some of the options:
- You can make a salad with spinach, walnut and goat cheese. Adding pomegranate seeds to that salad will absolutely bring taste
- A fruit salad with ripe pears, grapes will be really attractive. An addition of pomegranate seed to it will make it more appealing
- Another form of fruit salads can be made with the slices of ripe mango, ripe papaya with lemon zest. Also add pomegranate seed to this.
- It is also possible to make a salad with blueberries, permissions and the pomegranate seeds.
5Pomegranate over desert
Deserts are of many types. It can be hot cold or in normal temperature. Different types of colorful desserts are also available Following are the combination you can make to eat pomegranate.
- Add pomegranate seeds over yogurts
- You can sprinkle the seeds of pomegranate your favorite chocolate cake
- It is possible to eat pomegranate seeds after it is added over the lemon bars
6 Pomegranate in soups
You can now make some tasty and healthy vegetable soups and add the pomegranate over it to make it look colorful. Following are some combinations:
- You can boil spinach and make paste in mixer. Take a frying pan and add some oil. Add some onions once it is hot. Once the onions become golden brown add the boiled spinach and little salt. Add 1 cup of water and boil it further. Once you can see the temperature reaches 100 degrees, add some pomegranate seeds in it. Serve hot and enjoy.
- It is possible to make tomato soups in the same process above. Addition of pomegranate seeds just at the end can add a different flavor and taste to the soup.
- Cabbage and cauliflower soup can be prepared during winter season. It tastes really great. But, if you want to make a fusion to it, add some pomegranate seeds to it.
7Amiri Khaman with pomegranate seeds
This is a wonderful snacks prepared during the tea time. You can also have it in your morning breakfast. You can also eat pomegranate in Amiri Khaman snacks. Ingredients required here are:
- Mustard seeds- 2 tsp
- Garlic in chopped form- 2 tsp
- Hing – 1/4th tsp
- Pomegranate seeds – 2 tbsp
- Grated coconut – 2 tsp
- Powdered sugar- 2 tsp
- Chopped green chillies- 1 and ½ tsp
- Kamam dhokla- 20
- Take a bowl and crumble the kamam dhoklas
- Now switch on the oven and keep the frying pan
- Add oil in it
- Add mustard seeds once the oil is heated and wait till the seeds crack
- Now add the garlic , hing and green chilies
- Saute the ingredients really well
- Now add the crumbled dhoklas in it
- Fry it for some time and add the pomegranate seeds, coriander leaves, coconut in grated form
- Mix well over the flame and keep it in slow flame for sometime
- Now serve the delicious Amiri Kamam with pomegranate seed recipe in a serving dish
8Apple and pomegranate crisp
You can now eat a pomegranate in more delicious way. You can prepare a wonderful dessert item just with this pomegranate seeds. Let us find out the ingredients required to make it.
- Pomegranate seeds with juicy appearance- 2-3 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon- 1 tablespoon
- Rolled oats- ½ cup
- White sugar- ½ cup
- Medium sized apple peeled- 4
- Brown sugar – ½ cup
- All purpose flour- ½ cup
- Unsalted butter in melt form – ½ cup
- Ground nutmeg – ½ teaspoon
- First of all preheat the oven with the temperature of 190 degree Celsius
- Now take bowl that is microwavable
- Add the ingredients like apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, flour sugar etc.
- Mix them all well and make a paste. You must mix it till all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Now microwave it for 45 minutes
- Take it out and serve hot with strawberry sauce
You can now make your breakfast lunch and dinner with the wonderful pomegranate recipes. It has been proved that there is not only one way of eating pomegranate. Rather, the fruit and juice extracted from it can be used in different other forms. You must try all the items mentioned above. I am sure that you will definitely enjoy each of the dishes made with either pomegranate seeds or juices of the fruit.