Pigmentation is common in both men and women. A lot of people fall for it owing to a multitude of reasons. Well, truth be told, some amount of pigmentation is useful as it is nothing but a natural bodily process of protecting the underlying layers of the skin. But, too much of it can cause overproduction of melanin.
Pigmentation can make people conscious of their looks. To help get over the consciousness, they use different products and treatments to get relief.
Table of Contents
Some methods to get Rid Of Skin Pigmentation:
- Bleaching creams – it may take more than 6 months for results to show up. Not to forget they have chemical ingredients.
- Laser treatments – Q-switched ruby and some more pigmented lesion lasers remove the pigment without leaving any scars, but only if you are ready to spend some more bucks as they are costly and may leave side effects behind.
- Chemical Treatments – are harsh and not all skin types can make use of them especially the sensitive types.
- Among all of them is a cacti – Aloe Vera. You may have used it for myriad skin care hacks, but this one is a surprise. Isn’t it? I am sure it is for you because not many know about its ability to play a role in fading skin pigmentation.
But before everything lets understand what is skin pigmentation and the reasons that lead to it?
Though it is a harmless condition, but nobody wants to see it on his/her skin. A resultant of melanin production, it is formed when an excess of melanin gets accumulated at one spot. Hence darkened, pigmented skin.
I am sure all of you out there would want to know the reasons behind its formation:
- Sun damage. It’s the number one reason. This kind of pigmentation is called lentigines. You can spot this kind of sun damage on face, hands and other body parts exposed more frequently. Even freckles in people who inherit them, skin pigmentation can be a problem as it becomes more pronounced with sun exposure.
- Melasma may look like age spots, but look closely, you will find the spots to be much bigger than the latter. These are perhaps a result of some hormonal changes taking place in the body as is in pregnancy or menopause or due to some birth control pills. Unfortunately, melasma are the most difficult to remove.
- Post Inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Skin injuries like acne, burns, psoriasis and some skin treatments can lead to overproduction of melanin and are known as PIH. These fade away as the skin heals.
- Bleaching products. The strong chemicals do not only lighten the unwanted hair, but also leave behind an adverse effect which is pigmentation.
- Hair Colors. Their effect is similar to the bleaching products. The chemicals can get transferred to your skin and hence form a pigmented spot on the skin.
- Highly perfumed products. People with a sensitive skin or those suffering from allergies should definitely stay away from perfumed products. These products can lead to overproduction of melanin.
- One of the most neglected/unknown reason for pigmentation is friction. When you use nylon loofahs or rub your skin hard, dryness and flakiness can be the outcome. Eventually paving way for pigmentation.
- Another reason is surgery. Some surgeries can leave behind a pigmented mark.
Aloe vera as we discussed earlier is amazing. It is a small plant that has been in use since a long time and I am sure no one is oblivious to its abilities in skin care and health care.
How is Aloe Vera a good healer:
- It has anti bacterial, anti inflammatory properties.
- Encourages regeneration of new skin cells. When the new ones form, the old ones go away, leaving behind a clearer skin and lesser promination of the dark pigmented spot.
- It has cleansing and moisturizing properties.
- It is anti aging hence providing benefits skin to anti aging cream. Lightens age spots, and brightens it up while taking care of the aging signs.
Now how to use aloe vera for getting rid of pigmentation naturally.
Ingredients: aloe leaf, seaweed, honey
- Extract fresh juice from an aloe leaf
- Add 1 tablespoon of seaweed to it
- Then add 1/2 tablespoon of raw honey
- Let this mixture sit for 10 minutes
- Clean the pigmented area. Pat it dry
- Apply aloe vera mask (leave the eye area if you use it on your face)
- Let it remain for 20 minutes
- Now rinse away with lukewarm water only
- Repeat 2-3 times a week
Results may start appearing within 2-3 weeks of time.
Still another method involves applying this natural gel directly before sleeping. Let it dry before you doze off. Wash off in the morning. Easy and effective!
So when are you using this amazing natural cure?