Tired look, wrinkles, bags under the eyes, all of which can affect the beauty of the look. Exit the signs of ageing and other aesthetic defects that give the eyes a tired or even puffy appearance. Blepharoplasty aims to remove specific problems, whether hereditary or due to age.
Blepharoplasty to end the tired look and bags under the eyes:
Over time, the skin loses its tone, especially in the eyelids. It results in drooping eyelids for the upper eyelids, drooping lower eyelids, dotted with wrinkles, as well as bags under the eyes and other fatty hernias. If an excellent anti-ageing treatment and facial gymnastics exercises are not enough to give you a more open and cheerful look, cosmetic eyelid surgery, also called blepharoplasty or eyelid lifting, is always possible.
The objectives of your eye bag removal procedure
Blepharoplasty is a cosmetic surgery that corrects the signs of the ageing present in the eyelids and replaces the “tired and wrinkled” aspect of the eyes with a more harmonious and relaxed appearance.
The intervention aims to correct drooping eyelids, erase wrinkles under the eyes due to excess skin and remove dark circles and fatty bags located under the eyes without changing the expression of the look.
Many other alterations can be associated such as drooping forehead, falling eyebrows, wrinkles between the eyebrows, hollow eyes, “sad” eyes with the drooping corner of the eyes, small skin surface imperfections such as surface wrinkles, scars, spots.
Blepharoplasty is the remedy! It can be performed by itself, or be combined with additional facial cosmetic surgery procedures such as a frontal lift, temporal lift or cervicofacial lift, or even medico-surgical therapy (laser-abrasion, peeling, dermabrasion), to reduce the fine lines of the eyelids. These acts are likely to be performed during the same intervention or during a second operating time.
Before we proceed with this article, I would like to point out that many clinics in Singapore offer non-surgical eye bag removal treatments with great effects. It is definitely worth your time to schedule a consultation with an aesthetic clinic like CambridgeTherapeutics, for instance, as your condition may be treatable without going under the knife.
Preparing your eye bag removal with your surgeon
The preoperative phase requires a visit to a qualified clinic in Singapore before doing the eye bag removal procedure.
This first appointment between a specialist and the patient will cover:
- Full control and interrogation to define the indications, followed by an examination of the eyes and eyelids to detect any anomalies liable to contraindicate the operation.
- A detailed assessment.
- The prescription of an ophthalmological examination to rule out possible pathologies and to detect cases of dry eyes requiring specific precautions during the intervention, or other contraindication.
- The definition of the type of anaesthesia: it will depend on the gesture and the consultation between the patient and the surgeon. The anesthesiologist will be seen again at the latest 48 hours before the intervention in the absence of local anaesthesia.
At the end of the consultation, a preoperative assessment is prescribed in particular to eliminate any disorder, and the surgeon will give you a detailed estimate of his intervention for your eye bag removal in Singapore.
Details about the eye bag removal procedure
In principle, an eyelid lift, if not combined with other complementary surgeries, lasts on average from 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on the number of eyelids to be treated and the type of correction to be made.
The main thing in performing the procedure is to avoid over-correction, which would not make the result natural.
For the lower eyelids and eye bag removal, the procedure consists of:
- Incise by the conjunctival route ( technique without scar ), that is to say inside the eyelid, thus making the scar completely invisible.
- Remove the fatty pockets under the eyes, i.e. remove the fat without any excess at the level of the 3 compartments of each eyelid (internal, median and external).
- No sutures.
- Place a frozen eye washer to reduce swelling and bruising.
For the procedure in case of excess skin of the lower eyelid:
- Incise along the fringe of the lashes (sub-ciliary route). The incision, to absorb the skin, extends beyond the outer corner of the eye, being hidden in a crow’s feet wrinkle.
- Remove the skin without any tension
- Suture with absorbable or non-absorbable threads which will be removed after 5 days.
- Place a frozen eye washer to reduce swelling and bruising.
- Blepharoplasty can be combined with other surgical procedures.
There are several techniques, such as:
- The lipo-structure and modelling, which involves taking a small amount of fat from the patient himself and returned into the diminishing dark circles or erasing thus dug appearance.
- The creation of an eyelid for patients of Asian origins who are genetically lacking.
- A canthopexy is allowing to give back an “almond” shape to a naturally round and sad look or to drape a loosening of the edge of the lower eyelid called ectropion.
Eye bag removal and post-operative results
The appearance of oedema (swelling), bruising and tearing, the extent and duration of which vary significantly from one individual to another. Their absorbability varies according to the operating techniques used by the surgeon and the skin sensitivity of the patient. Generally, it lasts 4 to 7 days and is quickly camouflaged with a concealer.
It is recommended to rest as much as possible, avoiding any violent effort.
What are the results of your eye bag removal in Singapore?
The results of an eyelid lift are usually very satisfactory and are among the most lasting cosmetic surgery procedures. The look regains a rested, relaxed appearance and the eyelids are smoothed.
It is after a period of 4 to 6 weeks that the patient can begin to appreciate the result of the intervention, the time that the tissues regain their flexibility and that the scars approach their maturity.
The look is rejuvenated, more open and has lost its heavy and tired appearance. Of course, the skin of the eyelids will continue its natural ageing, like eyelids that have not been operated. Still, it is rare that a second blepharoplasty intervention is scheduled for the next ten years.