Things you should consider before Gynecomastia Surgery in Bangalore. Due to the unhealthy lifestyle habits that men in Bangalore follow such as skipping meals, eating a lot in one meal, or excessive consumption of alcohol, a new medical problem is haunting them- the enlargement of the breasts or gynecomastia. In case you are looking for a treatment option, the most effective one is surgery.
What is gynecomastia surgery?
The Gynecomastia Surgery in Bangalore includes two procedures- liposuction and gland excision surgery. Let’s have a look at both of them in a little detail.
Liposuction- This is the surgical procedure to remove stubborn fat pockets from several parts of the body. Remember, this is a body reshaping procedure and not a weight-loss treatment. This has emerged as one of the common procedures that men in Bangalore are opting for. Due to its growing demand, several clinics in Bangalore have mushroomed in the past decade where you can opt for this procedure.
Gland excision surgery- This surgical procedure aims to remove excess tissue from the chest. This surgery subsides the swelling of the breasts and flattens the chest considerably. The results after this surgery become apparent instantaneously but there can be some side effects.
2. How surgery is performed?
Here’s what happens during the liposuction procedure as well as gland excision surgery.
- Liposuction- The first step of the procedure is the administration of the anesthesia that sedates the patient. The surgeons make some incisions and put a saline solution from specific parts of the body. Next, small probes are inserted that emits ultrasound waves used to break off the fat cells. It is finished by sucking out the liquified fat throughout a tube and closes the incisions with some surgical stitches and glue.
- Gland excision surgery- The doctor administers anesthesia before the surgery to sedate the patient. After this, the doctor makes several incisions in places where there can be minimal chances of scarring. Next, the excess tissue from the breasts and the surrounding area is removed to decrease the swelling and improve the chest contour. Once the procedure is complete, the surgeon closes the incisions with surgical glue or tapes.
3. How to prepare for surgery?
It is crucial to complete all the diagnostic tests such as blood tests, mammograms, etc prescribed by the doctor to ensure all the bodily vitals remain under control. Prior to one week before the surgery, make proper arrangements for leave of absence from the work. Also, ask someone who can pick you up and drop you off on the surgery day and assist you in the initial days of the recovery. Proper preparations are important to follow as these can minimize the risk of side effects considerably.
- Quit smoking at least two weeks before the surgery
- In case you are in the habit of drinking, stop it immediately for at least one week prior to the surgery
- Let the doctor know about the several medications that you take on a daily basis. Restrict their use or take alternatives as suggested by the doctor
- Do not take any vitamin supplements throughout the duration of the period
- Stop taking any kind of blood-thinning medicines or anti-inflammatory drugs to reduce the risk of bleeding or inflammation
Get all your queries answered. You can ask the following questions to the doctor-
After surgery, do I need to take any particular medicines that are prescribed?
After surgery, for how long I need to keep the dressings/bandages?
When do I need to visit the clinic to have my stitches removed?
When is the right time to resume daily activities?
4. What are the risks and side effects of surgery?
As this is major surgery, be ready to experience some side-effects- both mild and moderate. Don’t worry as this is a common phenomenon that every patient experiences.
- Irregular breast contour and shape
- Changes in nipple
- Numbness of the nipples temporary or permanent
- Damage to the deeper nerves, blood vessels, muscles, lungs
- Pulmonary complications
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Accumulation of fluids
- Chronic pain
- Slow healing of the wounds
- Visible scarring
- Reaction to the surgical glue, topic preparations, surgical materials or injecting materials
- Risks to anesthesia
- Formation of blood clots
- Asymmetrical breasts
5. How to recover from surgery?
You should follow the doctor’s specific instructions word-to-word in order to minimize the risk of any complications during the recovery period. Meanwhile, the following tips will help you recover fast-
- Go for light walks for at least 15 mins to circulate blood flow.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages as well as smoking during the entire recovery. If possible, quit these habits absolutely.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes to prevent irritation of the wounds.
- Take supplements only after consulting with the doctor.
- Control the urge itch the wounds as well as the surrounding area at any cost.
- Rest properly for at least 8-9 hours so that the wounds can heal fast.
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.
6. How to choose a gynecomastia clinic in Bangalore?
In order to ensure that the results of surgery appear as you expected, the first thing to consider is a good clinic. This may seem easy but finding a good gynecomastia clinic in Bangalore or other metro cities is difficult. Here are some factors you keep in mind while finding the right clinic-
- Check about the services the clinic offers thoroughly on the website.
- Go through the doctor’s profiles in order to see their experience and specialization.
- Read the testimonials of other patients who have undergone gynecomastia surgery in bangalore.
- Talk with the staff to know about the type of equipment that are installed in their world-class clinics. If possible, visit the clinics once.
- Speak with the clinic or hospital staff to check their behavior towards the patients.
- Look up for the cost and the number of services provided under the same cost.
- Check for the before and after photos of other patients who have undergone the procedure.
If you are equipped properly with the above-mentioned information, you are good to undergo the surgery. Keep realistic expectations throughout the hospital experience and you won’t be disappointed with the results. Consult with your nearest Gynecomastia Surgery in Bangalore who can guide you through the whole procedure.