If you have made up your mind to undergo breast augmentation in Singapore, it is wise to study up on the best practices and techniques. This way you can be prepared, both mentally and physically, for everything that is in store for you. To help you out with the decision, this post is going to address the basic things you should know about breast lifts.
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation, or breast lift, is a type of surgical manipulation that attempts to improve the fullness, shape, and size of the breast. It is done with medical prostheses – in this case, liquid-filled sacks called implants – which have to be inserted into the chest. There are both silicone and saline types and the medical expert is to decide which one will be better to use, although the patient has a say in it as well.
Another name for this cosmetic manipulation is augmentation mammoplasty but you are more likely to hear professionalslike Dr Samuel Ho from Allure Plastic Surgerycall it this way. In everyday language, people often refer to it as a boob job.
The treatment provides permanent results and has a high satisfaction rate. Women who make use of it usually want dramatic changes since they are not content with their current situation.
Types of Implants
Coming in different sizes, implants are the main instrument surgeons use to reshape, reconstruct and augment breasts. In the past, only silicone implants were the norm, but over time they proved to be the least popular option because of the inconveniences they carry.
Patients who opt for this type should visit their doctor more often than those who prefer saline implants. The latter have a silicone outer layer and a saline solution-based centre, which means they are safer should they rupture. Your medical care provider can check them up with an ultrasound scan or an MRI to make certain they are all right.
Lastly, there also are alternative composite implants that can come with various fillings, such as soy oil, polypropylene string, and more. Medicine and technologies allow each new type to become better in terms of aesthetics, maintenance, and the results it creates.
Needless to say, your doctor can help you decide which type will fit your needs. You should have a consultation with a specialist who will outline your options, stress on their pros and cons, and reflect on which option will be the better pick based on your medical history and expectations.
Why People Go for Breast Augmentation in Singapore
There are many reasons why one would want to have breast enhancement surgery other than adding volume to naturally small breasts. This area is subject to a lot of transformations throughout one’s lifetime. During pregnancy and breastfeeding, for example, the bust can become saggy. Weight loss, ageing, and other factors might give it an asymmetrical look. Sometimes, other factors have their affect as well.
In other words, some ladies undergo surgery for purely cosmetic reasons but others need reconstructive surgery due to medical conditions.
How to Know If You Area Good Candidate
Even though breast enhancement is now widely accepted, this doesn’t change the fact that it is not suitable for everyone. There are certain criteria that come into play, which revolves around physical and physiological aspects. Here are the main factors:
- Overall health. It is critical that you have no serious health issues that could put you at risk during the procedure. Your doctor will take your medical history to ascertain your physical condition allows for a surgical manipulation of this kind.
- While there may be no age restrictions in all countries, it is recommended that patients are 18 years of age at the very least before they can avail of the augmentation.
- There is no stressing enough how vital it is to walk into the clinic with the right mindset and expectations. If you have body image issues, it’s not a good idea to go under the knife until you have settled those. See, even after you make the desired changes, you still may be dissatisfied with how it all came out because of your unrealistic visions.
Are There any Injections or Pills That Can Increase Breast Size?
Unfortunately, there is no treatment other than surgery that can alter the shape or size of your bust. If you only want minor changes, you couldthink about fat transfer breast augmentation. But you should keep in mind that this procedure is not suitable for everyone and it can be a temporary solution.
Breast Augmentation ThroughFat Grafting
Now, some women have the opportunity to get their own tissue incorporated in place of implants but they need to have excess fat in other areas, especially the belly and hips. It’s done through liposuction of the targeted regions. The operator extracts the fat and puts it in a container until he is ready to perform the transfer. During this time around, they have to prepare the breasts for the manipulation.
Here is the thing, this procedure allows for small changes to be made. It can improve the symmetry and fullness of your breasts but it won’t make them huge. The results are natural and slightly visible. If you are looking for a more dramatic alteration, fat grafting is not for you.
- The technician makes small incisions into the skin, which is different to the actual cutting that happens in breast augmentation surgery
- It is safer and more sparing
- There are no scars
- No implants are necessary
- The results are natural
- The risk of complications is low because the procedure is simpler and no foreign bodies are used
- You need to have a lot of fat deposits in order for this to work. This means if you are of slim build, you will need to gain a few pounds before you can have breast augmentation with fat grafting
- The transferred fat may actually get reabsorbed over time which will undo the effects
- The breast tissue has to be expanded using BRAVA before the procedure
If you would like to change the size or shape of your breasts, augmentation is the best alternative so far and plenty of women around the world opt for it. However, it is surgery after all and you have to be aware of the problems it can carry. For this reason, it is advisable that you find a surgeon who will give you all the information you should know about.